Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: All that Skate

News All that Skate

On a balmy autumn evening, thousands of skating fans filled the Staples Center in Los Angeles to take part in the North American premiere of 2010 All That Skate LA. The show, presented by Olympic Champion Yuna Kim's management agency AT Sports, gathered an impressive roster of figure skating royalty, and brought them together for a spectacle unlike any other skating show to date.
    More

Thanks for the great article, JR and GS8. What a show! I wonder if they will have a chance to take it on the road.

Custom Title
    What a wonderful article! It gave so much detail that I felt I had seen the show. Thanks so much for posting it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thanks for the great article, JR and GS8. What a show! I wonder if they will have a chance to take it on the road.
    I hope they do. Based from people who attended and ticket sales, it seemed the show was a success. Congrats to all from the skaters up to the organizers who made this show possible.

More opportunities to promote the sport the better.

Thanks for the article!! It looks like ATS LA will be held annually, and I can definitely see ATS NY happen in the near future.

Congrats to everyone for giving us such a wonderful show!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I thought All That Skate chose LA because it has a huge Korean population which guarantees ticket sales.

Tripping on the Podium
    I thought All That Skate chose LA for its FIRST location out of S. Korea for that reason.
    From what I heard, there were also many Chinese/Chinese Americans in the audience who came to see S&Z and Kwan, which makes LA an even better choice.
    I certainly hope they expand the tour, but I'll be happy if it was big enough a success for them to organize the show at least in LA next year. I guess they will have a better idea about the potential audience attraction after it gets aired on NBC next week.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I love the grey dress of Michelle and the blue of Yuna, thanx for report!

Great article and Great photos from JanFunky (in the other thread) this skating fan could not ask for more except to actually be at the show.
    Thank you GS and everyone else who posted articles, tweets, videos, photos and reports. You are the best!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    I thought All That Skate chose LA for its FIRST location out of S. Korea for that reason.
    From what I heard, there were also many Chinese/Chinese Americans in the audience who came to see S&Z and Kwan, which makes LA an even better choice.
    I certainly hope they expand the tour, but I'll be happy if it was big enough a success for them to organize the show at least in LA next year. I guess they will have a better idea about the potential audience attraction after it gets aired on NBC next week.
    And they can always televise it each year as a special--maybe even in prime time, not just tuck it away in the sports part of a weekend afternoon, where it will be cut to pieces if a football or basketball game goes into overtime. The number of times I gnashed my teeth as the basketball game went into 45 minutes' worth of triple overtime in front of a "minor" skating program--like the World Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    And they can always televise it each year as a special--maybe even in prime time, not just tuck it away in the sports part of a weekend afternoon, where it will be cut to pieces if a football or basketball game goes into overtime. The number of times I gnashed my teeth as the basketball game went into 45 minutes' worth of triple overtime in front of a "minor" skating program--like the World Championships.
    Actually it makes perfect sense for NBC to televise the show on Sunday afternoon. Since CBS and Fox will be showing NFL footbal and ABC probably some other sport, NBC will have a potential audience for folks who don't like football or Nascar, golf, etc.

Isn't NBC also going to broadcast GP coverage this Fall on Sunday afternoons? NBC can't beat the CBS and Fox football programimg but offering skating does give them a decent alternative.

Down With It
    I don't see a problem with Sunday afternoon either. The days where even minor comps were shown in prime time are far gone.

The one thing I do hope is that ATS decides to take it to other parts of the country (how about an east coast show?) so we all get a chance to check it out if we wish.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I love the grey dress of Michelle...
    And what is totally cool is that little gesture at the end where she raises her had toward her mouth as if to say, "Wow, sometimes I even amaze myself!"

Of course she should, false modesty is not a virtue

negativity negativity...
    I m waiting for the tv broadcast vids

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast