Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lar Lubovitch

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 29 15.8%

• Total voters

Layfan

Record Breaker
For now, definitely David Wilson. Yuna's programs the last two years have been genius. Especially these days, competitive programs sometimes start to blur together for me. But Wilson's never do. They always stand out and are always memorable. Picking Beethoven's 9th for Joubert this year may have been inspired. We'll see on that one.

I like what Tat did for Sasha Cohen back in the day but I feel she has to redeem herself for the Bells of Moscow.

ana

On the Ice
I voted for David Wilson. I like Yuna's programmes...
My second choice is Tatiana Tarasova.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Voted other. Sandra Bezic wins hands down for me. Wish she still did choreography *le sigh* much more valuable as a choreographer than a commentator. As for the Why - Kurt Browning, Kristi Yamaguchi, Tara Lipinski, Brian Boitano, Stars On Ice... nuff said.

Sarah Kawahara gets a nod as well for her work with Scottie Hamilton.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Voted other. Sandra Bezic wins hands down for me. Wish she still did choreography *le sigh* much more valuable as a choreographer than a commentator. As for the Why - Kurt Browning, Kristi Yamaguchi, Tara Lipinski, Brian Boitano, Stars On Ice... nuff said.

Sarah Kawahara gets a nod as well for her work with Scottie Hamilton.

Many of my best skating memories are from Sandra's programs.
I would also add the programs Sandra did for Chen-Lu to Toni's list.

prettykeys

Medalist
Purely from a choreography point of view, I think I like Lori Nichols' works best, overall. Her old programs for Michelle Kwan and Mao Asada are wonderful. I also like Carolina Kostner's SP this year... :biggrin: I wish my own favourite lady (YuNa) had had more of an opportunity to work with her and see what came out of it.

David Wilson's Lark Ascending for YuNa is the only one I know of his that stands out, for me.

I would like to see more choreography by Tom Dickson (who did YuNa's Tango de Roxanne) and Shae-Lynn Bourne (e.g. Jeremy Abbott's Day in the Life.)

evangeline

Record Breaker
I voted for Salome Brunner--or more specifically, her work with Stephane Lambiel.

I also am very fond of Tatiana Tarasova's fierce choreography for Alexei Yagudin and Grishuk/Platov, thogh I am admittedly :confused: at her more recent work, such as her choreography for Mao Asada and costumes for Evan Lysacek in 08-09. Perhaps it's safe to say that Tarasova's strength is definitely in 6.0, not CoP.

Sandra Bezic's work with Chen Lu and Lori Nichol with Michelle Kwan are also old favourites of mine.

Last edited:

Gumdrops

Rinkside
Tom Dickson, by far. His programs are soooo interesting. Bourne, Camerlengo, Dean, Roca, and Klimova are some of my other faves.

The work of Morozov, Nichol, and Wilson tends to bore me 95% of the time.

lcd

Match Penalty
The choreographer alone needs a muse to really connect with me. Lori Nichol did some amazing things with Michele but I would not necessarily stand up and notice her work with for instance Rachael. David Wilson is exciting with Jeffrey Buttle, but I do not recognize him with Cadey and Jeremy. Tom Dickson had his moments with Matt Savoie and Jeremy Abbott, but where is he now? Morozov is the commercial wizard, which sounds critical but as embodied by Amodio, is raise the roof. So many good choices, but to me it MATTERS who is delivering, who is the vehicle for the choreographer.

Jenny Eaton

Spectator
Sarah Kawahara. Simply the best! Two emmys, hall of fame. It's not just for competition, it's creating a personality with movement that draws you into the moment.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I like Sasha Zhulin. He always manages to bring something really sexy to ice -dance. Remember when Anissina & Peizerat skated "Susana"?

Lilith11

On the Ice
Tom Dickinson and David Wilson. David because he's given me some of my favorite Yu-na programs: Lark Ascending, Bond, Danse Macabre, etc, and Tom for his original technical layouts and interesting footwork sequences- the footwork sequence he created for Yukina Ota's Madame Butterfly program springs to mind

jadore

Spectator
Tom Dickson and Matt Savoie were a magical combination (anyone remember his skates to The Mission and Adagio for Strings? Droolworthy!)
David Wilson and Jeff Buttle's '05 Naqoyqatsi program :)
Lori Nichol for her work with Shen/Zhao (Nutcracker being a standout) and Kwan. I also love the program she choreographed for Joannie in 08/09 to Aranjuez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uTvFa396g)
Loved Tatiana's choreography for Cohen (Malaguena, Dark Eyes, etc) and Yagudin.

It's not so much the choreographer sometimes as it is the skater. The skater is the vehicle. A choreographer can create a wonderful program for one skater, but another skater doing the same program could easily fall flat.