Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 29 15.8%

• Total voters

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
As it was possible to vote for only one, I chose Lori Nichols, but she and David Wilson are equally great, in my opinion.

N

n_halifax

These days? David Wilson, Tom Dickson and Catarina Lindgren come to mind but of all time? Without a hint of hesitation, BRIAN WRIGHT. He was brilliant!

miki88

Medalist
Lori Nichol (in her prime) and Sandra Bezic.

Nowadays, I pick Tom Dickson. (underrated imo)

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Marina Zoueva HANDS DOWN !!!

The masterpieces she has given us with the programs of Virtue/Moir, Davis/White, the Shibutanis etc are nothing but exceptional.

lcd

Match Penalty
Interesting to note the ommissions. I think of this in terms of "competitive" choreographers and how they make the most of the rules and the context provided for competitive skaters. In this regard, I completely agree that Marina Zoueva is exceptional. The work she has done for the top 3 ice dance teams in the world is a treatise on accomplishment.

In terms of choreography for skating purely for performance or entertainment, it is another matter. I guess the example that most comes to mind where this distinction is relevant to me is Christopher Dean. Looking back upon his trove of work over the years, there is much that is memorable, and so too to admire. Thinking of how "successful" his work has been in a competitive context however - and for that matter, whether he warrants similar regard - is another matter entirely, and unfortunately.

Binthere

On the Ice
This voting booth seems dormant but this season the name to add or break out of "other" is probably Jeffrey Buttle.

Vash01

Medalist
I used to like Matveev's choreography for Berezhnaya-Sikharulidze, early in their career. 'Dark eyes' showcased their speed & power, while 'Concert for coloratura' showcased their finesse, lyrical quality and lines.

Igor Bobrin's choreography in their chaplin programs was very creative (both competition and exhibition programs).

Alexander Zhulin is a really good choreographer for pairs, even though he was an ice dancer. B&S's 'Smooth' exhibition and Ina-Zimmerman's eligible programs which he choreographed were very creative and good.

alexinga

Rinkside
Who choreographed Joshua Farris' SP to Claire Du Lune. I watched the stream from Estonia and it was stunning!

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
For me this topic is all over the map their are so many choreographers and great program

Sarah Kawahara : Lu Chen 1993 worlds which Lulu used olympic year as well, Beatrisa Liang at 2005 Nationals those are the 3 programs that stand out the most from her
Carmerlanngo : those 2 programs that he did for Alissa Czisny last were great. I loved the attention to detail that Alissa was able to go into her short program.
Shea-Lynn Bourne: Akiko Suzuki programs from Olympic year
Sandra Bezic work for Lu Chen of course
don't forgot Igor w/Marina Zoueva: too many numbers to count
Lori Nichol: Michelle Kwan, Sale/Pelletier, Fumie Suguri it became dry after that

Its the skaters and how they deliver the program that makes the program that something special.

bobbys

Spectator
Lori is absolutely amazing! All her choreographed performances are so captivating