Gao makes early season statement | Golden Skate

Gao makes early season statement

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Though just sixteen years of age, Gao has started to build an impressive resume in her very short career.
More

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for such a nice article about Christina.
Very interesting learning more about how quickly she is rising through the ranks, and it makes good sense that she remained on the jr circuit for this season.

I like the approach Orser is taking with Christina and also that Wilson knows her so well and is creating a comfort zone for her even as he challenges her to grow artistically.

Great article!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Aww, love Christina! She seems like such a lovely and level-headed girl, it's nice to see :). Good luck to her at the JGPF!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Very nice interview! Gosh, these girls make so many sacrifices. Sounds like Christina has a good head on her shoulders but no wonder there is so much pressure. Imagine your dad moving to a whole other country so you can train! Anyway, good for Christina for doing well so far and good luck to her for the rest of the season.

Eris

On the Ice
"double Axel-triple toe loop" - is 2a-3lo combo, am I right?:eek::

It's great she's practicing 2a combos.:)

emma

Record Breaker
Great article!! I love the detail and all of her self-reflection. I'm sorry I haven't seen any of her/the comps this season, but I do look forward to seeing her at nationals.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Very nice article and picture. :)

Haha I think that is an awkward picture, but she's lovely all the same! Great interview, I love that she finds positive things to be happy about (like higher scores overall and no edge call on the lutz!) despite the fact that she didn't win either of her JGP events. Best of luck to her at the final!!

As for the 2a-3t, I think she would have a hard time rotating the 3t with her current 2a, but regardless of whether we actually see it in competition, I do think practicing the combo will improve her solo double axel.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
good article about your next star but that photo! ouch. very unflattering image of her skating!