Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zhangs out of Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Nyitora View Post
    And sorry for such a long first post!
    Never be sorry for the length of a post! Welcome to the boards! Post often, post long!

Custom Title
    Thank you feraina and bigsisjiejie for the analysis, good luck to S/H and hope Z/Z comes back strong.

On the Ice
    gees, i don't understand why there are so many bashing yao bin here. luan bo and her skaters get fundings from the provincial government. after Vancouver, the chinese national team also set up a team in that province to assist luan bo and her team. unlike fundings for pingpong or badminton, ect, funding for the Chinese national figure skating team is very limted in the first place, only the few senior pairs (pairs, ice dance) and the single man, woman who represent the country in major international competitions get the opportunities to have their programs choregraphed by folks like dw and lori. If shui/nan continue to prove themselves this season, after they get to the senior level, their opportunity will come. as to why yao bin did not speak particularly high of shui/han, it is understandable. he said that they are promising, but he has concerns about whether they will overcome the puberty. actually it is a common concern among chinese figure skating fans, as han doe not seem to grow any more and and shui starts growing; if shui gets much taller, they may not be suitable as pairs any more. look how zhang dan has grown in the past few years, which was a headache to yao bin and her partner
    just to be fair, yao is the national head coach, now that shen and zhao have retired, pang and tong's competive years are uncertain, zhang and zhang do not seem to have favors from judges, yao bin, more than anybody else in this forum, wants to have some promising teams to catch up and be ready for Sochi.

(p.s: chen lu's club is a private club and i don't think they have anything to do with the national team so far)

Rinkside
    I'm sorry if I sounded too accusatory. And thanks for the info, CPWest! I really hope that S/H can survive and thrive whatever may come their way. *fingers crossed*

Custom Title
    Get well soon Z&Z!

Dan and Hao have skated for so long that most peple think they are older than they are, it seems that their second senior copetition was the 2002 Olympics, when they were 17!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORu5CIpVraw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3