the new Plushenko? Artur Gachinski | Golden Skate

the new Plushenko? Artur Gachinski

gmyers

Record Breaker
That performance was good and if he can repeat it at the Coupe Internationale de Nice this week that would be really something.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
No, he is not the new Plushenko. But the kid is really good and I hope consistency finally came to him. He is one to watch for sure!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, I really thought that was him! :D If cloning humans were possible, this would be it. ;) Seriously, I've never seen anybody imitate Zhenya to such an extent! (8^O But as the old saying goes "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".

And whom better to emulate than Evgeni! He was a phenom from the moment he first set foot on the ice, as seen in the aforementioned video. Even at just a mere 15 yrs. of age he was hitting quads & triple axels in competition, never missing a beat, and just getting better & better with time like a fine aged wine. :) From that fair apple-cheeked youth to the man that he is now, WOW, what an evolution.

Thank You, Evgeni, for the journey along the way, which doesn't end yet, you still have it in you for one more great skate at the Olympics. You'll have to come back earlier this time for it to happen, but no doubt your road is blessed. Even back then at 15 yrs. of age you were competing with injuries, like you did in subsequent World & Olympic competitions, yet you were/are like a god! Still managing to pull off impossible feats with daring, courage, bravery, passion, determination, and confidence. If it were anybody else but you, they wouldn't be able to compete, as history has proven. But God has blessed you, that's easy to see, even to the point of having the next Winter Olympics being held in Sochi, Russia for the very first time in history. One can't help but not ignore the signs, it's all around you, always has been. What a joy it is to see you skate!!!!!!!!!!!! *cheers & clapping*

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVGENI PLUSHENKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)^D

seniorita

Record Breaker
Arthur is not 15, he is 17+, I first saw him in the german documentary of 2004 (after 22.17min, the documentary is about russian team), there was a big hype around him as the Plu heir at his early age as he is Mishin student as well, and I think this hurt him a lot and in juniors he had lots of headcase skate, but I saw him last year in Jr. Worlds and he skated to his potential finallly, I hope this year it is his season, because last year in gala he was a crowd favorite and he is really nice to watch!:clap:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Artur really improved. I also saw him first in this German Doku and was really impressed at that time. To see him skate like he did at Finlandia is really great. He had lots of problems in the last seasons with his growth. It looks like he is in good shape now. Intresting to see him at his first GPs this season. Hope he had good programms there, then he will place very well. He is only 17, so he is young and there is time to improve his weaknesses.
And to be fair, there is more choreografy and transisitions than Plushy had in his programms all together. :biggrin:

bestskate8

On the Ice
The name of the thread should mention Arthur Gachisky name. imho
Very promising young men landed his first quad (guess?) at ISU competition and that will give him huge confidence now. Hope he will stay injury free and him and Plushenko both compete in Sochi.
He is playing some doll to that wonderful piece of music, great skating skills and interpretation.:thumbsup:
Wish him good luck.

Binthere

On the Ice
As he matures from teenage boy to man, I very much hope he makes a point of developing his own style and look. The resemblance to Plushenko can't be mistaken, and on too many levels, for him to be able to truly rise at the senior level IMO. Great raw material. Now hopefully he is steered towards a look all his own.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I love the way he holds his landings after his quad and solo triple axel. It shows he really has control over what he is doing, and that he's not just rushing from jump to jump like so many skaters do.

shine

Record Breaker
Thank God he's not another Plushenko. Certainly better taste in music and better choreography. I like the way he moves.
But his jumps are indeed eerily similar to Plushenko's in the way he lands them with those cat-like feet.

oleada

Record Breaker
His jumps are really amazing. The rest doesn't work for me quite yet, but he has potential.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
His short program is much better.
Not a big fan of the long, but when he skate like today, it must look good. :rock:

Really impressive how much he grew up and improved over the summer!

gmyers

Record Breaker
It is impressive that at jr worlds in March Gachinnski doubled a quad attempt but now after training during the summer he not only got the quad but it didn't negatively affect anything else. He can go straight from a quad to a triple axel and other jumps with no problems. Two competitions in a row not many problems at all.