Prediction for the girls | Golden Skate

Prediction for the girls

FlattFan

Match Penalty
1. Rachael Flatt. The last outing, she did a great 7 triples LP. I think she's working out all of her jitters and should be a gold medal contender.
2. Mao Asada. Too inconsistent with most of her jumps. The loop, toe, and double axel aren't enough to win here. I predict a 3A attempt with a fall in combination, pop the salchow, fall on either flip/flutz, but wonderful in everything else.
3/4. Kiira Korpi (with the 3T-3T and 3Lp) / Carolina Kostner with her usual fabulous self.
5. Kanako Murakami (very consistent, but can't seem to crack 60 in the SP, her LP score is too low, not yet a factor)
6. Ashley Wagner (probably lower, but my patriotic duty urges me to put her higher)
7. Caroline Zhang (probably lower, too. look at Asada for clue. score in the 70s for the LP)

The rest of them are just there for sushi and mochi and sight seeing. :biggrin:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
The European ladies have been struggling, despite a few medals here and there. Mao was a little shaky at the Japan Open, but that may be a one-time occurrence. Caroline is usually top U.S. lady at ISU events, and had reportedly been making improvements all summer. Rachael has been a little weak this summer. So I will say:

1) Mao
2) Caroline
3) Ashley
4) Rachael
5) Carolina

oleada

Record Breaker
1. Mao
2. Kanako
3. Kiira/Carolina.

It's Mao's to lose. I think Kanako is hungry to prove herself and she is at home. Kiira is doing well so far this year, and who knows which Carolina will show up?

The international judges didn't show much love to Rachael at the end of last season, and she's never been a strong early season skater. As for Caroline, I think her technical issues will hold her back. Ashley will probably make some stupid mistake that will stop her from medaling.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh god, the no sleep during night starts:party:
Kanako 's first senior competition:rock:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Kanako skated at the Ice Challenge in Graz last season and won. So it´s her second international senior competition, but her first SGP!
Hope she can skate her best ... it´s always so much fun to watch her! Good luck!

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's hard for me to figure out how the three USA Ladies will do.
Or Kiira and Carolina. I agree it is Mao's event to win if she skates at even 75% of her potential.

Based on how the American Ladies did last season in the GP I will go with Ashley for a bronze medal.
I really have no idea how Caroline will do - but feel pretty sure Rachael will be in much better shape than what we saw at the summer events.

Kanako has shown that she can rise to the occassion and since she is a favorite of mine and skating at home I hope she does well.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i really have no predictions. i don't know what to expect from Caroline or Ashley and what we saw from Mao last is not exactly threatening.

NMURA

Medalist
Murakami is avoiding the 3F-3T in the FS.
Her jump layout would be like this.

3T-3T
3Lz(e)
3F
3F~2A
2A
3Lo
3S-2Lo-2Lo

The risk of making mistakes is low except for the loop. I'll bet on her for silver.

Asada
Murakami
Zhang or Korpi

krenseby

Final Flight
i really have no predictions. i don't know what to expect from Caroline or Ashley and what we saw from Mao last is not exactly threatening.

You know, it's kinda funny, but Mao seems to be so unpredictable as a skater in terms of her jumps at least. I wonder why that is.

fairly4

Medalist
i just hope they judge fair,
i am not going to give answer because if judge fair it can go any way. it depends on how each girl skater skates