Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Ladies

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    896

    Ladies

    1 Vanessa LAM USA 53.05 30.07 22.98 5.75 5.57 5.71 5.86 5.82 0.00 #20
    2 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 50.46 28.09 22.37 5.64 5.50 5.57 5.71 5.54 0.00 #15
    3 Kiri BAGA USA 49.74 26.70 24.04 6.04 5.86 6.00 6.07 6.07 1.00 #31
    4 Risa SHOJI JPN 48.86 26.52 23.34 5.96 5.68 5.79 5.86 5.89 1.00 #25
    5 Zijun LI CHN 47.76 26.13 21.63 5.61 5.18 5.39 5.54 5.32 0.00 #8
    6 Monika SIMANCIKOVA SVK 45.80 26.59 19.21 4.82 4.61 4.82 4.89 4.86 0.00 #5
    7 Karen KEMANAI JPN 45.08 24.31 20.77 5.43 5.04 5.29 5.18 5.04 0.00 #28
    8 Alice GARLISI ITA 44.44 23.84 20.60 5.07 4.89 5.21 5.32 5.25 0.00 #24
    9 Timila SHRESTHA FIN 43.61 24.92 18.69 4.75 4.54 4.79 4.68 4.61 0.00 #6
    10 Anastasia KONONENKO UKR 39.68 20.59 19.09 4.75 4.64 4.82 4.82 4.82 0.00 #11
    11 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN 38.96 19.94 19.02 4.71 4.64 4.75 4.93 4.75 0.00 #9
    12 Patricia GLESCIC SLO 37.18 19.98 17.20 4.39 4.18 4.32 4.29 4.32 0.00 #4
    13 Bahia TALEB FRA 36.50 19.93 17.57 4.25 4.25 4.46 4.46 4.54 1.00 #2
    14 Jasmine Alexandra COSTA EST 35.99 18.90 18.09 4.54 4.39 4.57 4.50 4.61 1.00 #26
    15 Alexandra KAMIENIECKI POL 35.97 19.71 16.26 4.21 3.82 4.07 4.14 4.07 0.00 #17
    16 Mimi Tanasorn CHINDASOOK THA 35.68 17.88 17.80 4.57 4.25 4.46 4.50 4.46 0.00 #1
    17 Georgia GLASTRIS GRE 35.66 18.15 17.51 4.25 4.14 4.43 4.50 4.57 0.00 #29
    18 Josefine TALJEGARD SWE 35.22 18.48 16.74 4.25 3.93 4.21 4.29 4.25 0.00 #3
    19 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 35.19 19.10 16.09 4.25 3.82 4.00 4.07 3.96 0.00 #32
    20 Rimgaile MESKAITE LTU 34.27 18.44 15.83 3.96 3.75 4.07 4.04 3.96 0.00 #12
    21 Kristina KOSTKOVA CZE 33.48 17.39 17.09 4.43 4.04 4.32 4.25 4.32 1.00 #14
    22 Regina BORBELY HUN 32.78 16.41 17.37 4.43 4.14 4.32 4.46 4.36 1.00 #10
    23 Victoria HUEBLER AUT 32.39 18.11 16.28 4.25 3.86 3.93 4.18 4.14 2.00 #16
    24 Petra POSCHNER GER 30.90 17.18 13.72 3.57 3.29 3.39 3.54 3.36 0.00 #21
    25 Daniela STOEVA BUL 29.80 16.43 15.37 3.82 3.71 3.71 4.00 3.96 2.00 #27
    26 Anita MADSEN DEN 29.22 14.96 15.26 3.82 3.64 3.86 3.93 3.82 1.00 #23
    27 Margot KRISBERG ISR 28.93 14.27 14.66 3.71 3.36 3.64 3.79 3.82 0.00 #18
    28 Laura PONZIO NED 28.53 14.19 15.34 3.93 3.68 3.82 3.93 3.82 1.00 #7
    29 Jana CEJKOVA CZE 27.56 13.11 14.45 3.68 3.46 3.64 3.71 3.57 0.00 #22
    30 Yoniko Eva WASHINGTON IND 26.99 15.50 12.49 3.11 3.00 3.21 3.25 3.04 1.00 #1
    31 Anna BIGUNA LAT 25.56 12.10 14.46 3.75 3.43 3.61 3.71 3.57 1.00 #13
    32 Arijana TIRAK BIH 15.64 7.27 9.37 2.39 2.21 2.32 2.43 2.36 1.00 #30

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    584
    Many thanks.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,742
    I don't know a lot about Lam but a lot of American young girls are underrotaters. Still betting on Shelepen.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    596
    I don't know much about Lam either, but Shelepen's skating is horrid. Clunky and no style whatsoever...hope anyone but Shelepen wins!

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I don't know a lot about Lam but a lot of American young girls are underrotaters. Still betting on Shelepen.
    Me too. Polina has the most difficult FS and she is consistent

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    I don't know much about Lam either, but Shelepen's skating is horrid. Clunky and no style whatsoever...hope anyone but Shelepen wins!
    Lam won't keep it together in the FS, I'm guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if she fell OTP. Shelepen will likely win the title with a technically impressive 7-triple performance, clunky and devoid of style though she may be. Shoji has a nice style and usually high PCS, so I bet she medals too. Then I'm hoping Zijun Li can earn bronze, because I'm liking her skating much more than I am liking Baga's this season. Kiri has a good shot at a medal but could also have an epic meltdown a la 09 JGPF and 10 nationals, and plus her La Strada was a snooze in Japan, but maybe she can bring the voids here.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Polina, even with 7 triples, only managed to score in the low 100. Vanessa, with 2 falls in the LP, scored about that much. I think it's between Polina and Vanessa, Kiri, Risa will duke it out for the bronze. Polina, Kiri, and Risa will all advance to the final.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Lam won't keep it together in the FS, I'm guessing. I wouldn't be surprised if she fell OTP. Shelepen will likely win the title with a technically impressive 7-triple performance, clunky and devoid of style though she may be. Shoji has a nice style and usually high PCS, so I bet she medals too. Then I'm hoping Zijun Li can earn bronze, because I'm liking her skating much more than I am liking Baga's this season. Kiri has a good shot at a medal but could also have an epic meltdown a la 09 JGPF and 10 nationals, and plus her La Strada was a snooze in Japan, but maybe she can bring the voids here.
    I want Zijun Li to win a silver, so she will qualify to the final. Not likely, but still... I really hope to see her in the final!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Polina, even with 7 triples, only managed to score in the low 100. Vanessa, with 2 falls in the LP, scored about that much. I think it's between Polina and Vanessa, Kiri, Risa will duke it out for the bronze. Polina, Kiri, and Risa will all advance to the final.
    Polina got her scores at the international competition when Lam got hers at some local events where the judges are different. It's too early to tell

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I want Zijun Li to win a silver, so she will qualify to the final. Not likely, but still... I really hope to see her in the final!


    Polina got her scores at the international competition when Lam got hers at some local events where the judges are different. It's too early to tell
    Assuming Polina, Kiri, and Risa don't bomb so badly, 3 of them will advance.
    Zijun doesn't need a silver to qualify for the final in the last place. She needs to place higher than 7th place.

    Zijun's direct competitors for the final are:
    Shion Kokubun
    Kexin Zhang
    Yuki Nishino
    Ira Vannut
    Kristiene Gong

    All of them bombed their second event.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Assuming Polina, Kiri, and Risa don't bomb so badly, 3 of them will advance.
    Zijun doesn't need a silver to qualify for the final in the last place. She needs to place higher than 7th place.

    Zijun's direct competitors for the final are:
    Shion Kokubun
    Kexin Zhang
    Yuki Nishino
    Ira Vannut
    Kristiene Gong

    All of them bombed their second event.
    Gong has silver and 4th place which means she will qualify to the final if Li will be 3rd or lower here (2+4 is better than 3+3). So Li needs at least silver to qualify

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Gong has silver and 4th place which means she will qualify to the final if Li will be 3rd or lower here (2+4 is better than 3+3). So Li needs at least silver to qualify
    Oops, Gong doesn't have a wiki page, and I didn't see her name on the podium in other events, so i assumed she bombed very badly.

  12. #12
    Custom Title LeCygne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    608
    The only way Li Zijun will make the final without a silver is if Polina, Risa, or Kiri bomb... Horrible thing to hope for lol but I really love Li Zijun and hope she makes it!

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Assuming Polina, Kiri, and Risa don't bomb so badly, 3 of them will advance.
    Zijun doesn't need a silver to qualify for the final in the last place. She needs to place higher than 7th place.

    Zijun's direct competitors for the final are:
    Shion Kokubun
    Kexin Zhang
    Yuki Nishino
    Ira Vannut
    Kristiene Gong

    All of them bombed their second event.
    On the contrary, Ira Vannut got third at the last event. And yes, Kristiene Gong has a 2nd and a 4th, which means she most likely will make it over Zijun :/

    (Yuki Nishino really bombed her FIRST event, 1st in the SP, then like 10th in the FS)

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,056
    Vannut didn't bomb her second event at all, unless you consider a bronze medal bombing. She set a new PB in the long program and overall.

    Gong did not bomb either - she actually skated pretty well, setting new PB overall and in the LP. The field was just deeper.

  15. #15
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,537
    Zijun probably had some major problem with her SP. I'm guessing there was a big pop somewhere. The early draw also didn't help her PCS. She managed to score about the same points at her last event and that was with an omitted combo spin + 1 deduction. She has been super consistent the past two years in domestic competitions. I hope nerves are not catching up to her yet..she's way to young for that.

    Kiri's PCS are quite astounding. I wonder if she improved a lot over the two weeks? I thought her presentation in her FS in Japan was quite weak.

    Good for Vanessa Lam though! She sounds super promising. Can't wait to see her skate.
    Last edited by shine; 10-14-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •