Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ladies

Custom Title
    ^ I don't mean the second event as in the one after the first one.

I listed the medalists from this season grand prix, and the second event is the event that they did not medal. I suppose "the other" event would make a lot more sense.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Zijun probably had some major problem with her SP. I'm guessing there was a big pop somewhere. The early draw also didn't help her PCS. She managed to score about the same points at her last event and that was with an omitted combo spin + 1 deduction. She has been super consistent the past two years in domestic competitions. I hope nerves are not catching up to her yet..she's way to young for that.

Kiri's PCS are quite astounding. I wonder if she improved a lot over the two weeks? I thought her presentation in her FS in Japan was quite weak.

Good for Vanessa Lam though! She sounds super promising. Can't wait to see her skate.
    Kiri's SP is her one from last season, so I'm not surprised the PCS are so high as she's been working on that program for awhile and it is quite voidy. In Japan, her PCS were high in the SP and then low in the FS so the same thing could happen here.

Vanessa scored in the 100s at a domestic competition, that doesn't mean she will score that high here. I mean, Samantha Cesario scored 99 at Liberty for her FS and then went on to score 79 at the JGP in Romania, Wang also was putting up big numbers over the summer and didn't score as well in Japan. Also, Polina's PCS in the SP here were 3 points higher than in Courcheval, so that potentially means her PCS in the FS could be 6 points higher than Courcheval, making her 103 and 109 which is pretty impressive.

I think Zijun has a decent shot to qualify, because I wouldn't be surprised to see Kiri finish below 4th or Shoji below 5th here just because the field is deep and the girls are pretty comparable. I mean Kiri could skate well and still finish behind Shelepen, Lam, Li, Shoji and that would be 5th place, so Zijun with a bronze would qualify before her. As for Risa, if she gets dinged with URs, she could have a decent skate and finish behind Shelepen, Lam, Li, Baga, Siamonkova, and that would be 6th place and then once again if Zijun gets even a bronze she would qualify before her. Silver is also not out of the question either, Shelepen becomes pretty mediocre without her 3-3s, and among the others there really is no frontrunner.

Ladies scores very low so far.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpcze2010/SEG004.HTM
    Karen Kenmanai...

I hope the last group will rock it. Some really good skaters here!

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    For those who doubted Vanessa Lam would score that well in the FS since it was her first JGP:

1 Vanessa LAM USA 103.36 55.58 47.78 6.04 5.79 6.00 6.04 6.00 0.00 #27

I can't wait to see the protocols on this.

Her total score (SP + FS) is 156.41, which is not bad at all for a rookie to the JGP circuit.

Kiri Baga's skating now. And Risa Shoji, Monica Simancikova, Polina Shelepen, and Zijun Li are all still to skate. But that's a pretty nice score for Lam and she probably will medal. And has a decent chance at winning, especially considering Polina's personal best FS is pretty much equal to Vanessa's FS score here, and Risa's personal best is slightly less.
    Last edited by Chemistry66; 10-15-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Custom Title
    Kiri Baga pretty much bombed. 2.00 in deductions, 87.54.

I hope this means Li Zijun can medal!

ETA: Oops, I just checked, and actually Kiri Baga didn't score much less than what she usually scores.
    Last edited by liketotally; 10-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liketotally View Post
    ETA: Oops, I just checked, and actually Kiri Baga didn't score much less than what she usually scores.
    Yeah, it's pretty amazing, but she's been extremely lucky with her JGP assignments last season and this. Well, we'll see if she'll medal again with a low score this time. This last group looks very promising, but then with juniors, you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty amazing, but she's been extremely lucky with her JGP assignments last season and this. Well, we'll see if she'll medal again with a low score this time. This last group looks very promising, but then with juniors, you never know...
    I see Kiri finishing 5th and Li Zijun 4th, with Kiri qualifying over Zijun because 2+5 > 3+4.

Polina scores a 102.46 for 3rd with Zijun Li still to skate. At this point, it looks like Vanessa Lam will win gold and Polina could possibly not even medal!

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    I see Kiri finishing 5th and Li Zijun 4th, with Kiri qualifying over Zijun because 2+5 > 3+4.
    Well, we'll see how Zijun does here. But it's very likely that Zijun will have significantly outscored in both of her JGP's compared to both of Kiri's JGP's, and she will still not qualify. Bad luck...

Li would have to make up three+ points on Shelepan. Probably not going to happen.

Well, we'll see how Zijun does here. But it's very likely that Zijun will have significantly outscored in both of her JGP's compared to both of Kiri's JGP's, and she will still not qualify. Bad luck...
    4 Zijun LI CHN 100.50 52.66 47.84 6.11 5.75 5.96 6.04 6.04 0.00

Zijun skated very well! New PB for both FS and total. 144.76 in JGP Austria, 148.26 here.
    Kiri had 138.70 in JGP SBC, 137.28 here.

Kiri is very lucky with her assignments. Zijun very unlucky. Oh, well.

Kristiene is even luckier with her assignments! She qualifies for JGPF ahead of Kiri:
    130.10 from JGP Brasov
    134.32 from JGP Sheffield
    Last edited by feraina; 10-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.

You called it.

So the qualifiers are, in order:

1) Adelina Sotnikova, RUS: 15 + 15 = 30
    2) Elizaveta Tuktamisheva, RUS: 15 + 15 = 30
    3) Risa Shoji, JPN: 15 + 13 = 28
    4) Polina Shelpen, RUS: 15 + 11 = 26
    5) Christina Gao, USA: 13 + 13 = 26
    6) Yasmin Siraj, USA: 13 + 13 = 26
    7) Kristiene Gong, USA: 13 + 9 = 22
    8) Kiri Baga, USA: 13 + 7 = 20

With 3 alternates (most likely in the right order, not 100% sure)
    Zijun Li, CHN: 11 + 9 = 20
    Ira Vannut, BEL: 9 + 11 = 20
    Shion Kokobun, JPN: 11 + 7 = 18

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Too bad for Zijun. She really got pretty close. She faced some of the stiffest competitions this season and I think this being her 1st season on the international circuit, she put up some impressive scores and did really, really well overall. Let's wait and see how well she'll do again at Jr. Worlds!

Congrats to the JGPF finalists!

Zijun skated very well! New PB for both FS and total. 144.76 in JGP Austria, 148.26 here.
    Kiri had 138.70 in JGP SBC, 137.28 here.

Kiri is very lucky with her assignments. Zijun very unlucky. Oh, well.
    Zijun had the second highest PCS as well! That really is too bad.. I guess all we can hope for at this point is a withdrawal from someone.. haha

Zijun had the second highest PCS as well! That really is too bad.. I guess all we can hope for at this point is a withdrawal from someone.. haha
    Not wishing for injuries on anyone (we have enough already this season). But JGPF is still a long way away, so someone could still withdraw. I think Zijun would have a good chance of beating Kristiene and Kiri head-to-head, and also competitive with Yasmin Siraj.

On the other hand, Zijun can't go to senior ISU championships next year anyway, so it's not like she's looking to place top 3 at JGP, or have especially high ISU ranking or something, in order to secure a GP assignment next season. She should do well on JGP next year with Christina Gao & Polina Shelepen both moving on to GP.

I'm a little sad though that we won't get to see her skate again until JW.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast