JGP Final - Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

JGP Final - Ladies

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ok, that makes sense:) Oh, and I'm also curious why she changed 3F-3T with 3T-3T. Is she injured or something?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ok, that makes sense:) Oh, and I'm also curious why she changed 3F-3T with 3T-3T. Is she injured or something?

She fell on her 3f at her last JGP so maybe she did 3t-3t here to increase her odds of doing a clean SP? Too bad about the 2a. Gutted for her and Yasmin, but they are usually better in the FS anyway.

I wonder if Gao has any shot at medaling anymore? She won't catch Adelina for sure but as for the others idk, she's about 9-10 points off places 2-4.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think its unlikely given that Shelepen & Tuktamisheva are very strong free skaters with big technical elements. I don't know if Shoji is as consistent with her technical scores, but she's put up some big numbers in the LP and usually gets very good PCS. Even if they just match their SB scores or close to it, Gao will need to get a new personal best to even medal. But it is junior ladies and they tend to be inconsistent.

I think it will require a big bomb from Adelina for her to fall of the podium.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
The girls from 1 to 5 were great, probably well prepared to fight, much determination to stay alive in this stiff competition. it's also a good training ground for them for next bigger events.
I missed this skating!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
You're probably right. Christina may be able to pull up to 4th or 5th but if she hopes to medal she probably needs some help from the other ladies.

This was my first time seeing Risa's SP and I just love her skating! She's so polished and elegant for a 14 year old. Call me crazy but I think she's better than Kanako. She's like a mini Shizuka.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm going to predict the final placements are:

1.) Adelina
2.) Risa
3.) Liza
4.) Christina
5.) Polina
6.) Zijun
7.) Yasmin
8.) Kristene

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 57.27 31.52 25.75 6.61 6.18 6.54 6.36 6.50 0.00 #8
2 Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA RUS 53.76 29.36 24.40 6.21 5.75 6.36 6.04 6.14 0.00 #7
3 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 53.26 30.71 22.55 5.79 5.50 5.75 5.61 5.54 0.00 #5
4 Risa SHOJI JPN 52.56 28.56 24.00 6.21 5.75 5.96 6.04 6.04 0.00 #6
5 Zijun LI CHN 49.62 28.04 21.58 5.64 5.11 5.57 5.36 5.29 0.00 #1
6 Kristiene GONG USA 47.24 25.52 21.72 5.61 5.25 5.32 5.43 5.54 0.00 #2
7 Christina GAO USA 43.98 23.21 21.77 5.64 5.29 5.25 5.50 5.54 1.00 #4
8 Yasmin SIRAJ USA 38.08 18.34 20.74 5.32 5.14 4.86 5.39 5.21 1.00 #3

Lucky Star

Final Flight
This was my first time seeing Risa's SP and I just love her skating! She's so polished and elegant for a 14 year old. Call me crazy but I think she's better than Kanako. She's like a mini Shizuka.

Yes, I like her more than Kanako too, but not her jumps though. She has very good skating skills and PCS, but her jump technique is just bad, even Kanako's is much better

ordinary person

On the Ice
I think its unlikely given that Shelepen & Tuktamisheva are very strong free skaters with big technical elements. I don't know if Shoji is as consistent with her technical scores, but she's put up some big numbers in the LP and usually gets very good PCS. Even if they just match their SB scores or close to it, Gao will need to get a new personal best to even medal. But it is junior ladies and they tend to be inconsistent.

I think it will require a big bomb from Adelina for her to fall of the podium.

I am sure that she wouldn't be off the podium if she bombs,really

oleada

Record Breaker
I thinkk that the top 2 will stay top 2, as ADelina is obviously the best all around skater here and Liza is usually better in the FS. I think Risa and Polina will battle it out for bronze, with Polina having the better tech and Risa the better PCS

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I thinkk that the top 2 will stay top 2, as ADelina is obviously the best all around skater here and Liza is usually better in the FS. I think Risa and Polina will battle it out for bronze, with Polina having the better tech and Risa the better PCS

I really hope Risa takes the bronze and not Polina, something from Polina's skating is just...missing, to me at least. She's a very pretty girl and a strong jumper but overall I find her a bit blah, it's like she's channeling Slute or Miki Ando - impressive jumps and not much else.

Even though Yasmin realistically has no chance to medal and Christina only an outside shot, I could potentially see them shake up the standings a bit if they skate well in the free as both girls have put up impressive FS scores at both their JGP events this season. I think they could both move up a lot, but probably not to the podium. This field is so strong, 7 out of the 8 entries have scored over 100 points in the FS at at least one JGP event this season!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Look what pressure did to these girls. And people think they scored so much better than the seasoned Miki Ando, they must be so much better. Well, wait until they go head to head, Miki will eat them alive. :)

Miki is nothing like Irina. Irina skated like a star. She commanded your attention. She knew she was good, and it showed.

I hope Risa takes the silver. The non-triple-axel will bomb and Polina will sneak in for the bronze. The flutz girl needed a few more -GOE to keep her from flutzing.

Too bad about Vanessa Lam, I think she could do well here.

oleada

Record Breaker
Sotnikova:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fwH7hflshE&feature=related
Tuktamysheva:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3Vuh8r3RI&feature=player_embedded
Shelepen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h50DC1redI&feature=player_embedded
Shoji:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=japTiIxLbLQ&feature=player_embedded

Sotnikova is wonderful, even if it wasn't her best performance. Her flow, speed and edges really stand out. Elizaveta is good, but compared to Adelina, her spins and basics are lacking. Shoji is good - but I don't think she is better than Kanako as some posters said. She is a bit dead in the face, while Kanako is very engaging, and her jump technique is a bit questionable. Polina has grown up so much and is just beautiful. Presentation is still a weakness, but you can tell she is trying to use the music more. The fact that she still has the jumps after such a growth spurt is rather impressive.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Is there an age difference between Liza and Adelina? Adelina this season looks more tall and has started to lose the juniorish skating I saw last year in Russia, Liza still looks tiny and juniorish. I did enjoy both, Adelina has more flexibility and extention and skates more mature, I wish they didnt dress her like this, and Liza is fresh also but needs more extension and finish in her moves, this sp looks busy and with fast music but I like she doesnt drop her foot to donut position at least. I dont know about her basics, she looks fast to me.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is there an age difference between Liza and Adelina? Adelina this season looks more tall and has started to lose the juniorish skating I saw last year in Russia, Liza still looks tiny and juniorish. I did enjoy both, Adelina has more flexibility and extention and skates more mature, I wish they didnt dress her like this, and Liza is fresh also but needs more extension and finish in her moves, this sp looks busy and with fast music but I like she doesnt drop her foot to donut position at least. I dont know about her basics, she looks fast to me.

Adelina is about 6 months older than Liza, she is born in the summer of 96 and Liza in the winter of 96. Although sometimes skaters just look older even if they are tiny, I always thought Anna Ovcharova looked a lot older than 13 last season, especially compared to Shelepen and Agafonova, but she was tiny like the other girls, just had an older looking face and carried herself as if she were older. I think Adelina and Risa are the same way. Liza just still seems juniorish to me - but a very fantastic junior.

Gao and Shelepen though look so grownup and gorgeous. I never would have guessed seeing them skate over the past few seasons that they would turn out to be such beautiful girls. They both are still all limbs but at least they are starting to use them well.

oleada

Record Breaker

Adelina is 6 months older - born in July 1996 - while Liza was born in December 1996.

Liza has amazing jumps and solid basics, but I do wonder if she should go somewhere else for help with refining her skating? Mishin has never really had a top lady, so we don't know how his girls would vary from his male students.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
worse comes to worst, Liza will become Irina, one of the most formidable skaters in recent memory.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think it's good that Tuktamysheva (that's so long!) did well in the short program a couple times in a row now. She would bomb it bad and then win free skates.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Adelina is 6 months older - born in July 1996 - while Liza was born in December 1996.

Liza has amazing jumps and solid basics, but I do wonder if she should go somewhere else for help with refining her skating? Mishin has never really had a top lady, so we don't know how his girls would vary from his male students.
i think she said she goesD to mishin two times per week? her choreographer is not from mishin's group as far as i know. She needs some extention to her posture yes but she is still too young and can fix it i guess, i like her on ice persona, she has nerve and looks the audience.I like her twizzles also.
Adelina is really fast and stronger with better extention, i enjoy this program a lot, her charlotte is perfect!. Do they intend to fix her lutz in the future?

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight

I like Mishin's young girls actually, they all (Liza, Ogoreltseva, Medvedeva) have good basics, spins and interesting programs. I think they packaged well. But Liza is tiny and lookes juniorish compared to Adelina, I saw the picture where she stands with Polina Agafonova and they are the same heigh, so she is really tiny. I think a year or maybe two later Liza will become a real senior skater, she is a bright girl and feels the music well. I think she is in very good hands and doesn't need another coach at least for now.