Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: JGP Final - Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Is there an age difference between Liza and Adelina? Adelina this season looks more tall and has started to lose the juniorish skating I saw last year in Russia, Liza still looks tiny and juniorish. I did enjoy both, Adelina has more flexibility and extention and skates more mature, I wish they didnt dress her like this, and Liza is fresh also but needs more extension and finish in her moves, this sp looks busy and with fast music but I like she doesnt drop her foot to donut position at least. I dont know about her basics, she looks fast to me.
    Adelina is 6 months older - born in July 1996 - while Liza was born in December 1996.

Liza has amazing jumps and solid basics, but I do wonder if she should go somewhere else for help with refining her skating? Mishin has never really had a top lady, so we don't know how his girls would vary from his male students.

Custom Title
    worse comes to worst, Liza will become Irina, one of the most formidable skaters in recent memory.

Custom Title
    I think it's good that Tuktamysheva (that's so long!) did well in the short program a couple times in a row now. She would bomb it bad and then win free skates.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Adelina is 6 months older - born in July 1996 - while Liza was born in December 1996.

Liza has amazing jumps and solid basics, but I do wonder if she should go somewhere else for help with refining her skating? Mishin has never really had a top lady, so we don't know how his girls would vary from his male students.
    i think she said she goesD to mishin two times per week? her choreographer is not from mishin's group as far as i know. She needs some extention to her posture yes but she is still too young and can fix it i guess, i like her on ice persona, she has nerve and looks the audience.I like her twizzles also.
    Adelina is really fast and stronger with better extention, i enjoy this program a lot, her charlotte is perfect!. Do they intend to fix her lutz in the future?
    Last edited by seniorita; 12-09-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I like Mishin's young girls actually, they all (Liza, Ogoreltseva, Medvedeva) have good basics, spins and interesting programs. I think they packaged well. But Liza is tiny and lookes juniorish compared to Adelina, I saw the picture where she stands with Polina Agafonova and they are the same heigh, so she is really tiny. I think a year or maybe two later Liza will become a real senior skater, she is a bright girl and feels the music well. I think she is in very good hands and doesn't need another coach at least for now.

I think Adelina maybe the Yu-Na Kim by Sochi time!

She very regal to look at and is very mature, artistic and is fearless! I like her a lot!

The 3 Russian young stars are really amazing and so is Rissa!

The whole field is really something else, so much star potential!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    worse comes to worst, Liza will become Irina, one of the most formidable skaters in recent memory.
    Shelepen is more like Irina IMO. She looks just like Kostner at that age though!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Shelepen is more like Irina IMO. She looks just like Kostner at that age though!
    Shelepen doesn't have nearly the skating skills Irina had at that age. Her jumps also don't have that amazing spring. As for comparison to Kostner, I hope you are referring to their respective looks only, because Kostner's skating was far beyond Shelepen's level at 15. I am just not impressed with Shelepen. :sheesh:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I like Mishin's young girls actually, they all (Liza, Ogoreltseva, Medvedeva) have good basics, spins and interesting programs. I think they packaged well. But Liza is tiny and lookes juniorish compared to Adelina, I saw the picture where she stands with Polina Agafonova and they are the same heigh, so she is really tiny. I think a year or maybe two later Liza will become a real senior skater, she is a bright girl and feels the music well. I think she is in very good hands and doesn't need another coach at least for now.
    I agree with you, actually. The Mishin's have some amazing up and coming girls in their group. Ogoreltseva is a little firecracker with great spins and Medvedeva is quite musical also. Arina Petrova is also in their group, right? She had some good results lately though I haven't seen much of her. The competition in that group must be fierce.

I think Liza has a lot of potential and I just don't want to see it wasted. She's been around for so long, it seems, that it's easy to forget that she's only 13. I think her audience connection has really improved this year, so maybe the other things will come.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Irina is contending for gold every single time. Shelepen is contending for bronze in the junior division on a good day. No, not even close.

Liza with all of her triples is at best the Irina v.2.0. I don't think any of the current girls will be as successful as Irina was.

Kostner's SS is top notch. None of the Russian girls come close at her age.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Irina is contending for gold every single time. Shelepen is contending for bronze in the junior division on a good day. No, not even close.

Liza with all of her triples is at best the Irina v.2.0. I don't think any of the current girls will be as successful as Irina was.

Kostner's SS is top notch. None of the Russian girls come close at her age.
    I said that she looks like Kostner, not that she skates like Kostner. Some of their jumps look similar though, but you are totally right about the skating skills.

Idk though, Polina's a fighter and she may become a force in the future. Liza is really good for now but puberty may throw a wrench in that. Shelepen is still able to jump 3-3s consistently despite the big growthspurt she just went through. That girl is tough, and she's hard on herself whenever she doesn't win. So much of this sport is about drive, discipline, and determination and well Shelepen clearly has that. Not that the other girls don't, you can just tell that Polina does.

Custom Title
    I don't understand why we keep comparing these juniors to skaters of the past. Polina is not Irina, she's not Carolina, she's herself.

Custom Title
    all the other girls' SP coming on YT.
    Polina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h50D...-vG3w&index=17

Zijun:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMY0yeYZLA

Kristina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2vL-..._order&list=UL

Christina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1hE...-vG3w&index=22

Yasmin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__1r...-vG3w&index=23

Too bad for Chiristina and Yasmin on jumps,they turned into really lovely skaters esp. Chiristina. I found her program highlight last season was just jumps.
    She's worked hard on skating,spins like non-jump elements,so it's a joy for me to her now!! Her jump problem doesn't look by body change,so pray for her and Yasmin their best.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Yasmin Siraj (USA)

3F - nice, good running edge on landing
    3Lz-2T - ok
    2A-2T - ok
    CCoSp
    3S - ok I think, maybe UR
    3Lz - nice
    FCoSp
    CiSt
    3T - fall
    2A-2T-2Lo - fall