2011 US Mens Champion | Golden Skate

2011 US Mens Champion

Who will win the US Men's Title this year?

• Jeremy Abbott

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Adam Rippon

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Evan Lysacek (if he competes)

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Ryan Bradley (if he competes)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Brandon Mroz

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Someone else who I will discuss in my post

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
2011 US Mens Champion?

Who do you think will be the US Men's Champion this year?

I think it will be either Adam Rippon or Jeremy Abbott. Probably Adam because his strong performance at Japan Open was really impressive and he beat Takahashi AND Plushenko. If Evan Lysacek decides to compete, I think he will be 2nd or 3rd. Though I love him, I think he'll be too sketchy from not seriously training for competitions. He'll still have the spins and footworks, but I don't know about his jumps. Brandon Mroz can be on or off and I don't know if Ryan Bradley is competing. Grant Hochstein, Richard Dornbush, Jonathan Cassar, Armin Mahbanoozadeh and Keegan Messing all seem to have potential for the final group, but I don't think they will reach the podium just yet.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Jeremy Abbott if Evan Lysacek isn't there. If not, Evan might win but it could still be Jeremy. Adam Rippon has a chance too but I think the odds are on E or J.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
LOL at people even thinking Evan might show up at Nationals. Abbott will win. People shouldnt read anything into the Japan Open which was silly fluff. Rippon couldnt even beat Oda or a 4 fall Chan at Skate Canada.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I doubt Evan's going - it's a month away, if he was, he would have announced it by now. I voted for Abbott - he ended up having a more successful GP than Rippon. I'm picking Abbott for gold, Rippon for silver, Mroz or Armin for bronze.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rumors are circulating right now about Ryan Bradley at nationals. He's looking very fit according to recent reports and he's hitting his big jumps. He tweeted in the fall that watching the GP had got him thinking about a "comeback" (he even asked if it could be called a comeback if you hadn't been gone a year). FSU posters are saying he's all but announced it... should be interesting. I'd love it if he came back - and if it would be his year!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Rumors are circulating right now about Ryan Bradley at nationals. He's looking very fit according to recent reports and he's hitting his big jumps. He tweeted in the fall that watching the GP had got him thinking about a "comeback" (he even asked if it could be called a comeback if you hadn't been gone a year). FSU posters are saying he's all but announced it... should be interesting. I'd love it if he came back - and if it would be his year!

I hope those rumors are true! I'd love to see him win! (Or at least medal)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I couldnt imagine Bradley winning Nationals. Someone like Abbott especialy would need to majorly bomb for Bradley to beat him. If he could medal and make the World team that would be amazing though.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, but Abbott majorly bombing is not an unknown event in the history of skating.

And Bradley beat Rippon & Mroz last year at US Nationals, finishing, I think 2nd in the LP? (sadly 4th overall, AFAIR), plus he has from time to time medalled on the Grand Prix. He finished 3rd at Skate America in 2009/2010. He finished 2nd at Skate Canada in the 2008/2009 season, behind Chan, who had multiple falls/foulups.

Between higher values for quads, and the rumor that his 3A, which has been missing in action for quite a while, has returned, it wouldn't take that much for him to beat Abbott. The 3A has been key to his problems, because he digs himself in a hole in the SP for lack of it. He is not a Lambiel who can get high enough PCS to compensate for a 2A or 3A/fall.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Just so long as he stays on his feet, has too great skates, and entertains I don't care where he ends up on the podium. If that's what gets him the title, though, it'd be icing on the cake!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My "dream" podium would be Adam, Jeremy, and Armin.

Oh, Toni, I :love: Keegan too! :biggrin:

Last edited:

lcd

Match Penalty
The subtleties of Jeremy's programs will not get overlooked for the flash of some international competitor's showmanship, at US Nationals.