2011 US Pairs Champions? | Golden Skate

2011 US Pairs Champions?

Who will win the US Pairs Title in 2011?

• Denney/ Barrett

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Evora/ Ladwig

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yankowskas/ Coughlin

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Marley/ Brubaker

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Someone else (please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Who will win the 2011 US Pairs title?

I think the road is pretty clear for Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett to win again, especially with the retirements of Rena Inoue/ John Baldwin and Brooke Castile/ Ben Okolski, as well as the splitting of Keauna McLaughlin/ Rockne Brubaker. I can see Amanda Evora/ Mark Ladwig medalling again, maybe winning. I think Caitlin Yanakowskas and John Coughlin introduced themselves to the skating world last year and stand a chance at the podium this year, but probably silver or bronze. Rockne and his new partner will probably do well, but I don't know enough about her to know if they can medal.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Call me crazy, but I voted for Yankowskas/Coughlin. They've really improved this year, while Denney/Barrett had a bad outing. Granted, you can't make all the decisions based on the first competitions and I haven't even seen Evora/Ladwig yet.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I pick Yankowskas/Coughlin. This is their year to make a big move. Denney/Barrett made a stupid coaching change and they have lost their consistency which was their only real asset in the first place. They will drop to 3rd or 4th at Nationals. Evora/Ladwig will get the 2nd spot on the World team again.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I voted for Yankowskas and Coughlin too (waited until the season was underway to vote). Denney and Barrett have not been having the best season.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Y/C have the best S and L program of the season among the contenders. I voted for them.

lcd

Match Penalty
Y/C's emotional output and quiet power provide the difference this year. D/B have great skills but are lacking in the emotional impact department. that will be the difference to the audience and to the judges.