View Poll Results: Who will win the US Dance Title in 2011?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Davis/ White

32 84.21%
  • Samuelson/ Bates

1 2.63%
  • Chock/ Zuerlein

0 0%
  • Hubbells

0 0%
  • Shibutanis

4 10.53%
  • Someone else (please post)

1 2.63%

Thread: 2011 US Dance Champions?

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar

2011 US Dance Champions?

I feel silly for making this thread because it's almost set in stone it will be Meryl Davis and Charlie White, but since I made them for Ladies, Men and Pairs, I felt I should make one for Dance anyway.

Davis/ White are almost guaranteed to win, especially after the retirements of Belbin/ Agosto and Navarro/ Bommentre. The only team I thought had a chance to give Davis/ White a run for their money were Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates, but with Bates injured, even if they're ready to compete again in January, I don't think they'll be in top form. Madison Chock/ Greg Zuerlein and Madison & Keiffer Hubbell have podium potential, but can't challenge Davis and White for the gold. If Maia and Alex Shibutani go to seniors, they may make the final group, but I don't know about the podium yet.

Custom Title
    I really don't see how anyone else but Meryl and Charlie can win. But we will see how Alex and Maia do in the GP.

Davis and White, obviously.. i don't think that Samuelson and Bates were legit challengers of them in the first place!! nor Navarro and Bommentre either. the only people who could possibly beat them were Belbin and Agosto, and they're of course retired.

Rinkside
    I am not to sure but I do believe Vanessa Crone / Paul Poirer will come ahead of Davis and White

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    At the US championships? Unlikely in the extreme. Try the Skate America thread.

Banned
    Davis & White have a 3 fall cushion.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Probably. S&B, N&B, B&A all will not be there. Their closest competitors will be C&Z and S&S.

Custom Title
    Yes, a more interesting poll would be: who will be 2nd and 3rd at US Nationals in dance? Davis and White can phone it in and still get the gold.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Yeah, I didn't see a point in making this poll, but I felt like because I made them for ladies, men and pairs I had to make a dance one.

Banned
    No question it's Davis and White's titled - earned and to lose, and maybe they do have a 3 fall cushion as they get sent off to Worlds, but as anyone in the audience at Skate America knows, the "people's choice" winners there were the Shibutanis.