Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: articles and blogs

Custom Title

articles and blogs

Here is an interesting blog about the NHK Trophy.

http://fromtheboards.wordpress.com/2...-nagoya-bound/

Custom Title
    Here is a new Universal Sports article.

http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=496619.html

Custom Title
    Here is an article from the Examiner.

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skati...t-1-the-ladies

Custom Title
    http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/wi...OHT1T00221.htm
    Asada had struggled with jumps during the afternoon practice session. But in evening , she succeeded the 3A and 3-3 (probably 3Lo-3Lo) in the run-through practice. "Since I'm skating at home, I can perform better."

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/10...2001002-n1.htm
    In today's official practice session, three Japanese men attempted the 4T. Hanyu landed (twice, from a different source) and Mura landed clean 4-3 (he will go for it in the SP). Although Takahashi had no success, he is optimistic. "At the time of Japan Open, I couldn't land the quad in the practice, but succeeded in the competition."

Custom Title
    Last edited by PolymerBob; 10-21-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Custom Title
    As an Ashley fan I just loved that USA Today article. Only one less mention of Rachael and of Caroline.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Funny how they consider Caroline, who finished 11th at nationals and had a dissapointing 09-10 season, and not Rachael or Ashley, who finished 1st and 3rd at US nationals and had very successful 09-10 seasons

Custom Title
    Maybe the author of the article was like "an asian name-that must mean she is good" LOL !!!

Rinkside
    Or they know what is going on with skaters more than we do. Maybe they have not be practicing well or they lost jumps.
    I know the media and officials know or hear more than we do. I hope my guess is wrong and they will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    OT, but I just noticed your "location" signature.

Custom Title
    Looking at the Ladies SP starting orders, Ashley didn't make the second group o.O! I guess not doing Nebelhorn was a bad decision in that respect. I really hope it doesn't affect her PCS, skating so early on. Otoh; she usually does well when she's in somewhat of an 'underdog' position. I really hope she proves everyone who forgot to mention her as a contender wrong!

On the topic of articles etc; why are there no actual practice reports :( (other than some snippets on the Japanese team)

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    On the topic of articles etc; why are there no actual practice reports :( (other than some snippets on the Japanese team)
    I heard Jeremy had great practice sessions! I have my hopes high for him (like always). Here's what came up on his Facebook page:

Friday, 09:45 AM. Jeremy skated his long. This time he did every element, not skipping anything. It was the first time I saw the whole structure of the program and, wow, it IS a beautiful one! Quiet beginning, fun CiSt, romantic middle part and dramatic SlSt, which leads to a quiet ending. Good job, David! He skated the first part perfectly, including a beautiful 3a-2t combination. Like his previous Symphony #3 LP, the 2a is right at the end of the CiSt, with no setup at all. It’s great that he chose such strikingly different music pieces for short and long to showcase his versatility. Both are quite “new” to him in a different way, yet he’s starting to own both of them. Can’t wait to see how those programs mature through the season!
    Thursday, 13:30 PM. Jeremy’s 3axel is dead-on today. He landed it one after another, again one of them in the program. He did a run-through of his short, “Viejos Aires” and did everything as if in a real competition, not omitting anything. 3f-3t beautiful, 3a perfect. A fall on the 3lz. As I saw the program live in Korea in July, I couldn’t help but marvel at how far he has come in the last 3 months. The program has become twice as difficult with twice more movements added here and there. Especially the SlSt. His footwork is much more intricate and elaborate than before, together with new hand-clapping, thigh-slapping, hip-spanking hand movements. Antonio did a really great job! Spins were polished and changed with some new positions too. The only thing that has become simpler from the earlier version is the ending. The complex arm-coiling move is totally gone. Just a simple finishing pose out of fast upright spin. I love this new version better, because he never stops skating until the very end. All in all, he looked very well trained and prepared. His speed, flow over the ice and confidence on blades stood out among the skaters of the group.
    I think I'm allowed to post this? If not, I'll just give a synopsis.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Looking at the Ladies SP starting orders, Ashley didn't make the second group o.O! I guess not doing Nebelhorn was a bad decision in that respect. I really hope it doesn't affect her PCS, skating so early on. Otoh; she usually does well when she's in somewhat of an 'underdog' position. I really hope she proves everyone who forgot to mention her as a contender wrong!
    This is not just a PCS issue for me...in Japan, the broadcast of Ladies SP (Live) starts at 19:30 and Ashley's starting time is estimated to be around 19:32. Considering the fact that Japanese broadcast never immediately starts to show what's going on on the ice surface and instead shows backstage Mao, shows an opening fluff, introduces the commentator and shows again all the useless fluff for the first five to ten minutes I'm afraid Ashley's SP will likely be chacked in my country... I'm just so depressed.

I wish the skating order in the GP series is determined by how the skaters did in GPS in the previous season(s), not by the world standings where 4CC/Euros/Olympics have way too much weight. The current system basically says if you become the number 3 at US nationals then you are doomed in your "GP status" for the following year regardless of how well she did in the GPs.

By the way, did Ashley decide to ditch Kashmir SP and went back to last season's SP? According to her ISU biography it seems that way...

P.S. @Mathman thanks for noticing it
    Last edited by champs; 10-22-2010 at 03:36 AM.

By the way, did Ashley decide to ditch Kashmir SP and went back to last season's SP? According to her ISU biography it seems that way...
    Yes, if so why ...? Go Ashley Hope there will be a little something on youtube!

Custom Title
    The current system basically says if you become the number 3 at US nationals then you are doomed in your "GP status" for the following year regardless of how well she did in the GPs.
    But what if Ashley had finished 11th?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast