Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Short Dance October 22nd, 2 am EST

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Universal Sports already has it up on demand, if you pay the $14.95. What I don't know is whether US, like IN, is geo-blocked. IN hasn't got it's on demand up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Worth noting that D/W scored that with a level one somewhere. Weaver/Poje had all threes and fours. I/K had one level two as did the Shibs. Cappellini/Lanotte had two level twos.
    IP, where did you see the info on the levels?

Answered my own question.
    The ISU report is now up:
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/co...s-item,00.html

They received a level 4 for the first sequence of the Golden Waltz and a level one for the second sequence to earn 66.97 points (32.28 element score/34.69 program component score).
    This is why I was waffling around about the tech levels in the preview. I'm surprised at the Level 1 on the second segment though. OTOH, P&B got level 1 on the second segment at their opener at Nebelhorn, and the Shibs got level 1 on one of the 4 step sections.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-22-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    IP, where did you see the info on the levels?
    If you go to this link and click the down arrows on the right hand side of the grades, it gives you the GOES and elements. It's all in Japanese, but the levels are numbered (ie it looks like this ゴールデンワルツセクション2(レベル1)

I made the presumption that the bolded part were levels, though I don't have that guaranteed.

If you go to this link and click the down arrows on the right hand side of the grades, it gives you the GOES and elements. It's all in Japanese, but the levels are numbered (ie it looks like this ゴールデンワルツセクション2(レベル1)

I made the presumption that the bolded part were levels, though I don't have that guaranteed.
    You're right. レベル1 means level 1. Can you watch the clips?

Custom Title
    I didn't know how to find them.....

I didn't know how to find them.....
    Click the orange rectangle with play mark (just under the skaters names). These clips have multi-angle shot.
    Last edited by Morning Glory; 10-22-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Nope, can't play. Control access issues.

Nope, can't play. Control access issues.
    Umm...that's bad, sorry.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    just wanting to make sure the Canadians here know that skatebuzz is streaming NHK. There was no mention of this on their site for the last week or so, but when I checked one last time in desperation last night, there it was. Don't know if it can be accessed from US.

Custom Title
    This was a great way to kick off the senior season!

I'm not surprised to see Davis and White where they are, although I can honestly say for the first time in many years of watching them perform, I actually didn't care for the program. It was lovely, but it really didn't do anything for me. That being said, they're brilliant and skated beautifully, and I lovede their lift. Can't wait to see their FD.

As for Weaver and Poje, I'm saddened by the fact that so many people seemed to count them out of the medals here. I'ts a shame that the constant competition between them and Crone/Poirier has kept them out of the major world scene for a few years, but I really do think that they have improved in leaps and bounds these past few seasons, and I was not at all surprised to see them in second. That being said, I was really impressed by how solid they looked technically, and I absolutely loved the program and the costumes. Normally sudden music changes like that bother me, but for somke reason this one worked. I'm so happy for them, and I really hope that they can go home with that silver medal once the competition is over.

I was also really impressed with Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I know they had a few near stumbles, but they really seem to have all the makings of a great senior team. That music really needs to go, though. My heart went out to the Shibutani's. I've actually never seen them skate before, and I was really amazed by how good they are. I hope they bounce back with a great FD.

I can't wait untill tomorrow!!

Oddly enough, Babelfish can read those little lozenge shaped things. It gets (with some assistance from me)

Davis & White
    1 Sequential twizzles] (level 4) 6.00 1.07 222,222,320 7.07
    2 [Not Touching midline steps] (level 4) 8.00 2.00 122,222,224 10.00
    3 golden waltz sections 1 (level 3) 5.00 0.71 111,122,208 5.71
    4 golden waltz sections 2 (level 1) 3.50 0.79 11,122,222 4.29
    5 [Rotational Lift] (level 4) 4.00 1.21 122,233,320 5.21 6
    lifts +TRANS 0.00 0.00 - - - - - - - - - 0.00 26.50 32.28
    Appraisal of performance constitution factor judge /Skating technology [Skating skills] 0.80 8.25 8.75 8.25 8.75 8.75 8.75 9.00 7.25 9.25 8.64
    Performance power 0.70 8.50 8.75 8.50 8.75 9.00 9.00 8.75 7.00 9.25 8.75
    Connection of skill and skill [Transitions ] 0.70 8.25 8.50 8.00 8.50 9.00 8.50 8.75 7.00 9.00 8.50
    Choreography and constitution 0.80 8.00 8.50 8.50 8.50 9.50 8.50 9.00 7.00 9.50 8.64
    Harmony and timing with the music [Timing] 1.00 8.00 8.75 8.75 9.00 9.25 8.75 9.00 7.25 9.25 8.79
    Now the ISU says they got Level4 on the 1st GW sequence, but the Japanese protocols say they got Level 3. OTOH, they got the first level 4 on the non touching midline sequence in the Japanese protocol that I've seen this season.

I expect to really like this program later in the season. They've had a minimal time to work on it since Champs Camp. This time they looked a bit careful. And I'm not crazy about Meryl's costume/hair, something she usually has in good shape at the first competition. I hope she changes it.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-22-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    I'm happy to see that Weaver & Poje are in 2nd place after the Short Dance! I hope they get a medal at this event.

I watched the videos posted as I'm not able to get coverage of the SD on TV, only the FDs.

Davis and White, what can I say? Great as usual. Weaver and Poje have improved a lot and I'm happy to see them sitting in second. I would have enjoyed I & K's dance more if it weren't for the horrible music. I thought these dances were supposed to be uplifting?! Really impressed with the Shibutanis in general - too bad about the fall! I really enjoyed Cappellini and Lanotte's program as well.

I was actually surprised that I accepted the "Short Dance" as easily as I did. I went in with a grudge. I am still so bummed that CDs are gone, as I learned so much about ice dance by watching those at nationals in 2005 and because of it became a huge fan of ice dance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I was actually surprised that I accepted the "Short Dance" as easily as I did. I went in with a grudge. I am still so bummed that CDs are gone, as I learned so much about ice dance by watching those at nationals in 2005 and because of it became a huge fan of ice dance.
    I agree with you Tonichelle - I'm a relative newbe to dance, and it was the cd's that got me hooked; but I have kind of like the sd so far, and if this means we will actually get to see more of the dance comps (instead of the highlights of the fd only) then I'm sold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3