Short Dance October 22nd, 2 am EST | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Short Dance October 22nd, 2 am EST

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The tango was one of the choices allowed for the SD to combine with the Golden Waltz. IMO, it was a bad choice. The two rhythms don't transition well into each other, IMO.

You could do all waltz, or waltz plus your choice of foxtrot, quickstep, or tango. In the folk OD last year, tango was specifically prohibited. Perhaps the coaches had a bunch of tango programs saved up :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What? No I&K video! I hoped one would exist, since I missed half their program due to a screen freeze.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Worth noting that D/W scored that with a level one somewhere. Weaver/Poje had all threes and fours. I/K had one level two as did the Shibs. Cappellini/Lanotte had two level twos.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Universal Sports already has it up on demand, if you pay the $14.95. What I don't know is whether US, like IN, is geo-blocked. IN hasn't got it's on demand up yet.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Worth noting that D/W scored that with a level one somewhere. Weaver/Poje had all threes and fours. I/K had one level two as did the Shibs. Cappellini/Lanotte had two level twos.

IP, where did you see the info on the levels?

Answered my own question.
The ISU report is now up:
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/c...-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html

They received a level 4 for the first sequence of the Golden Waltz and a level one for the second sequence to earn 66.97 points (32.28 element score/34.69 program component score).

This is why I was waffling around about the tech levels in the preview. I'm surprised at the Level 1 on the second segment though. OTOH, P&B got level 1 on the second segment at their opener at Nebelhorn, and the Shibs got level 1 on one of the 4 step sections.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
IP, where did you see the info on the levels?

If you go to this link and click the down arrows on the right hand side of the grades, it gives you the GOES and elements. It's all in Japanese, but the levels are numbered (ie it looks like this ゴールデンワルツセクション2(レベル1)

I made the presumption that the bolded part were levels, though I don't have that guaranteed.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
If you go to this link and click the down arrows on the right hand side of the grades, it gives you the GOES and elements. It's all in Japanese, but the levels are numbered (ie it looks like this ゴールデンワルツセクション2(レベル1)

I made the presumption that the bolded part were levels, though I don't have that guaranteed.

You're right. レベル1 means level 1. Can you watch the clips?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:) just wanting to make sure the Canadians here know that skatebuzz is streaming NHK. There was no mention of this on their site for the last week or so, but when I checked one last time in desperation last night, there it was. Don't know if it can be accessed from US.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
This was a great way to kick off the senior season!

I'm not surprised to see Davis and White where they are, although I can honestly say for the first time in many years of watching them perform, I actually didn't care for the program. It was lovely, but it really didn't do anything for me. That being said, they're brilliant and skated beautifully, and I lovede their lift. Can't wait to see their FD.

As for Weaver and Poje, I'm saddened by the fact that so many people seemed to count them out of the medals here. I'ts a shame that the constant competition between them and Crone/Poirier has kept them out of the major world scene for a few years, but I really do think that they have improved in leaps and bounds these past few seasons, and I was not at all surprised to see them in second. That being said, I was really impressed by how solid they looked technically, and I absolutely loved the program and the costumes. Normally sudden music changes like that bother me, but for somke reason this one worked. I'm so happy for them, and I really hope that they can go home with that silver medal once the competition is over.

I was also really impressed with Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I know they had a few near stumbles, but they really seem to have all the makings of a great senior team. That music really needs to go, though. My heart went out to the Shibutani's. I've actually never seen them skate before, and I was really amazed by how good they are. I hope they bounce back with a great FD.

I can't wait untill tomorrow!!