8 Yue ZHANG / Lei WANG (CHN) 49.72

Warm up group 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zCSCmS_-4Y

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This was really a well skated event!

And I liked the new look John Zimmerman has given Caydee Denney & Jeremy Barrett. Their movements are much better synchronized than last year. Her hair is so much better. And she no longer looks like Nancy Grace on ice. I'm not crazy about the odd v shaped death spiral they do. I wonder what level they got for it?

The most prevalent error was not a fall on the jump! It was out of synch spins. Even Pang & Tong (who were otherwise gorgeous) succumbed to the problem. Brodeur/Mattatall had a rather chest crashy triple twist.

roemerr

Rinkside
Ice Network's live stream worked great for me. I think Caydee and Jeremy have improved artistically, but I didn't get that death spiral either. Hopefully they will change it.

mystichaze

On the Ice
I agree, Caydee's position in that death spiral was really unattractive. I really hope they change that.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Pang/Tong were the best that I've seen (only four teams), but T/T really impressed me more than I expected. The lift was pretty stellar and the way they kept the idea of the music throughout was really quite something.

Brodeur and Mattatal need to stop skating to muzak.

skatemom8

Rinkside
I'm in agreement about Caydee and Jeremy. I think they look much better than last year and their program is well put together but that death spiral is so odd. I know they struggled with downgrades on their death spriral last year. I also wonder what level they got for it.

mystichaze

On the Ice
I also wanted to add that I was quite impressed by Takahashi/Tran. I hope that they skate just as well in the LP and stand on the podium!

babayaga

On the Ice
I have to say I absolutely love to watch Bazarova/Larionov, she is so elegant on the ice! I hope they will do well this season. Pang/Tong I thought were breathtaking and her dress is beautiful.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Caydee & Jeremy were awesome. I love the new look, and yeah the death spiral? Not cool at all. Butt in the air is never attractive.

Caitlyn and John made me happy, too. Love that team!

zandor

On the Ice
I loved Vera/Yuri new LP!:love: Congrats to them!:thumbsup:

I truly hope they will be on podium at russian nationals!:yay:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Just finished watching the Pairs LP on Univ. Pang/Tong and John and Caitlin were the class of the field.
John and Caitlin's interpretation of Ave Maria was beautifully skated, Loved it.

Pang/Tong well deserved gold medal. Their LP ws light, airy and very romantic with all of their
technical prowess on display even though there were mistakes on the jumps it did not take away
from the program at all.

Sorry but Caydee and Jeremy's LP looked unpolished and slow. I did not like it at all.
Maybe they just need to get comfortable with their new coach but I see a change in their
skating and it is not good. JMO