Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maybe Rachel got a DG somewhere? The 3F was definitely clean, but maybe on the 3Lz?

Have to remember that the scores will be lower because of no spiral sequence...kind of bit to get used to...

dlgpffps

Final Flight
I really like Kiira's programs for this season. They are just gorgeous on her. Can't wait to see Kiira grow into them. She needs to work on her step sequence, though.

2T-3T (possibly <)
3Lo nice
2A

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Kiira Korpi
23.80/28.71/52.60
Just want to repeat that I love her Evita & Rainbow programs.

Yes, the scores are low in general, but consider the omission of the spiral sequence & the new GOE factoring.

Caro K up!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Can't say enough about her Carolina, she's always been a favorite of mine, it really is a joy to watch her skate!!!! :)

She has the perfect figure for skating, reminds me of a gazelle, fast & lovely, can't wait to see her LP!

Jumps seemed fine, especially her 3R (HUGE)! It makes me wish that the USA had ladies that can J U M P like that!

Her costume was also lovely, no bum hanging out, accented the music & herself, as well the step sequence was vivacious (reminiscent of Oksana Baiul). :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
OH MY GOODNESS Carolina was CLEAN! Do we get the old Caro back with this performance? Very good 3T-2T & 3Lo. Never liked the 2A. Loved the booty shake ;) I like how this season's looking so far!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Mao two-footed her 3A (possibly <) did a 3Lo-2Lo & singled a flip, but her program is much better than last season's Masquerade. I don't love it. Her skating doesn't yell out TANGO yet, but she will get there by March. Ah, a piece of Caprice comes in. The last touches to the program are very, very nice.

I love that last twizzle!! creative, TAT!

Nadine

Record Breaker
It truly is a joy to watch Mao skate :) , even though her 3A was double-footed, she came back with a nice 3R/2T, but then singled her 3F. But still the concept of the program is very good, can't wait to see it skated clean.

That said, loooooooooooooved her step sequence, my favorite of them all, such passion & joy!!!!!!!!

She seemed a bit slow though, even in her spins, unusual, but not really, it's early in the season and she's not an early season skater, I expect her to come on strong for 4CC & Worlds!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
WOW! I adore the choreography of this program! It's not uber-dramatic, but it really fits Mao just right--she doesn't have to force it out. I hope she's not too disheartened, she usually comes back with a renewed spirit in the LP~

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy cow, 8th place, not a good start, but to be expected, sadly. :(

Still, I maintain I liked the concept of this program, and when skated clean I expect high marks, but the judges will no longer be giving marks to hold her up when she skates bad, like today. :(

ANW

On the Ice
Did anyone notice Caroline's footwork later in the program? She did it all on her her right foot :p