Ladies Short Program | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Trewyn

Medalist
I have five more minutes before I have to go back to class... Anyone see how Ashley's warm-up is going and what's she's wearing? Thanks!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just logged on to my computer, Firefox, et al, so I think I missed a few ladies? Been away from skating for a while because I've been so busy with work, but wanted to make sure I caught the ladies sp. :)

p.s. did manage to catch a girl from Sweden. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Alright, Ashley Wagner is next!!!!! :)

GOOOOOOOOOOO ASHLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Spiral into 3F-2T (really nice)
3Lz (two-foot? looked like e)
Spins were lovely (esp. the layback)
2A fine

I really like her programs in general. Another lovely one for Ashley.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I get so distracted by Ashley's natural beauty, and her very lovely costumes, that sometimes I forget about the jumps, lol. :D

Her costumes are always my favorite, especially this black/red one with the huge sparkling red ruby on her chest.

Her jumps seemed fine, but I especially love her difficult & lovely entrances into them (e.g. catchfoot spiral into 3f/2t & spiral into 2a). :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kanako from JPN is on now, but I'm not really watching, don't care for the music much. Skating right after Ashley Wagner one can easily compare the maturity of Ashley's program versus the junior one from Kanako. She did the jumps though, nice as always are the jumps from the Japanese, but that's about all I liked.

Don't mean to be negative, just giving my honest impressions is all. :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Kanako Murakami
3T-3T nice
3F (good ice coverage)
2A fine
Nice speed

Her program's a little juniorish, but upbeat & fun. Her SP from the junior circuit was better, though. She seems very pleased. Good senior debut! I think she fell while skating off the rink :) cute

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kanako leads due to her jumps, but I'm looking to see the whole package ala Yuna Kim & Mao Asada when they're on.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Kanako Murakami 29.81/26.29/56.10 #1

I thought Ashley was better, though. Her program was much more interesting.

champs

Final Flight
Yay they did air Ashley's SP, I'm so glad!
3Lz was clearly one-footed, but I watched that jump frame by frame and the takeoff edge looked flat, did not look like it was outside as I had hoped to see after the summer competition report.

Nadine

Record Breaker
It's nice seeing everybody warming up, but I'm surprised I'm not that excited, lol. I guess I miss the old days when skating was about the whole package, not just jumps or how many points one can accumlate.

I now see Kanako also beat Ashley on PCS, which I don't agree with at all, not at all.

Six more skaters & we're done. :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Elene Gedevanishvili

3Lz GREAT
3T-2T (?) step-out
Spiral into a really weird 2A
I'll have to see it again to see if it's <

Last edited: