Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Short Program

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    You can really tell Caroline has reworked everything and really tried to work on her speed but she still has a long way to go, I think Good for her though! Soooo nice to see the mule kick gone.
    ITA. She looks like another person. And I think she has been really trying to fix her problems especially hammer kick. I can't help respecting her because I was thinking it was impossible for her to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I liked Caro's and Ashley's programs the best. (and Mao's if she skates it clean) The high PCS for Kanako's junior program I don't understand at all. Some expert out there to explain?
    I just started watching the clips - but Kanako was fun and performed really well. I don't see that making her "juniorish" just as seeing Caroline with a serious expression does not make her look more like a senior. It is about how they skate - and perfroming and audience appeal is part of it.

Kanako is a natural - most of the others have to force it out to an extent.
    Thanks to dizzy for the links. Have to watch more now.....

Custom Title
    WHOA. Now that was one impressive 3F from Caroline Zhang (compared to all her previous efforts) - I was really stunned that she actually managed to correct her mule-kick.

I think this is a great start to the season for her, hope she gets even better!

Quote Originally Posted by liketotally View Post
    WHOA. Now that was one impressive 3F from Caroline Zhang (compared to all her previous efforts) - I was really stunned that she actually managed to correct her mule-kick.

I think this is a great start to the season for her, hope she gets even better!
    The thing I noticed is that Caroline has much more height on her jumps than last season when she barely got off the ice.
    Nice to see her improvements - but she still has a way to go on that 2A. Ashley also has a less than stellar 2A.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by liketotally View Post
    Me too! She still needs a bit more speed, esp. going into her 2A, though. But still--now the mule kick appears to be gone, I have to eat another hat (the first was when Sasha Cohen showed up at US Nats last season)...

BTW, is Caroline's pearl spin pernamently MIA at this point?

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    II didnt' think the American ladies were all that awesome, I have to admit. They were solid for their first competition.
    I think Caro Z, Ashley and Rachael were awesome. I still can't believe the huge improvement made on Caro Z's mule-kick & Rachael's weird flip technique. Performance-wise, Caro K and Ashley stood out, but the other ladies had their own little victories. I'm just pleased with how today turned out (well, except for Mao, but her program makes up for her technical fiasco).
    Last edited by dlgpffps; 10-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Carolina K's short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OspBgI2As

LOVED everything about it!!!
    I also liked kanako!! the best after carolina IMO! kiira was also gorgeous!!!
    I didn't like mao..sadly...it's not the problems with her jumps, it's the program that doesn't work for me! I can't see a real tango in it! I hope she will do better tomorrow!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    BTW, is Caroline's pearl spin pernamently MIA at this point?
    I'm not sure. Last season, she did it in the Grand Prix, but not Nationals nor 4CC. I know she had a back sprain. Maybe a reporter will ask her.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Bravo Carolina , I loved her tango and dress!

Cant get over how much Caroline Z. changed , I did not recognise her!! Nice program though still slow.
    Ashley I dont like much the program and this Ouatia music again, this facial expressions ...and she is boring little...(Sorry Trewn)But a great dress !
    Mao but it is early season and anyway the footwork is awesome! Why she had a deduction?

Kira's program is beautiful and her dress gorgeous and simple at the same time !

Kanako was the best for me, great jumps, speed skating, a large smile, personality, count me a fan since Hague last year! She reminds you why you like skating!

At last a great feed, boss gone and normal hours, too bad i ll miss the men!

Just watched Kiira - for a second I thought it was like watching Evan's sister
    Sorry, but too much repetitive arm flapping - the same gesture over and over - and I don't love that choreo as much as so many others do.

Caro was good and well presented. Nice dress, good choreo and a good start for her.

Rachael seemed the same to me - no better or worse from last season but I liked her dress and new haircut.
    Early in the season and they will all get better.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Why she had a deduction?
    Two-footed 3A.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I just started watching the clips - but Kanako was fun and performed really well. I don't see that making her "juniorish" just as seeing Caroline with a serious expression does not make her look more like a senior. It is about how they skate - and perfroming and audience appeal is part of it.

Kanako is a natural - most of the others have to force it out to an extent.
    Thanks to dizzy for the links. Have to watch more now.....
    Maybe I am just not easily charmed by a big smile à la Kanako and Mirai. OK, they are good skaters and have go, but I want more …

Well, Kanako's SP is a performance made for the japanese audience to love Good luck to her tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Maybe I am just not easily charmed by a big smile à la Kanako and Mirai. OK, they are good skaters and have go, but I want more …

Well, Kanako's SP is a performance made for the japanese audience to love Good luck to her tomorrow.
    Kanako's SP would be well received in N. America and Europe and not just Japan.
    But it doesn't mean it is everybody's favorite and I respect if you like something different.

I do like watching a skater who is having fun out there and doesn't appear nervous and appear to be only skating for points.

I just saw Mao's program - aside from the mistakes I enjoyed it and Mao is such an artist on the ice. Her posture, positions and line are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Kanako's SP would be well received in N. America and Europe and not just Japan.
    But it doesn't mean it is everybody's favorite and I respect if you like something different.
    Agree about NA and Europe. Just thought about next worlds beeing in Japan with a huge crowd cheering for her. This was like a test and the judges also went with her.

And I know Kanako has good skating skills though I don't like her program.

Loved Kanako, Mao & CaroK (I really didn't think she'd skate as well she did...!). I really thought Kanako went out and sold her program.

American ladies didn't make positive impression on me this time. Hopefully they'll improve. I didn't care for Ashley's SP (it's not working for me at all; maybe eventually it'll grow on me...?), and Rachael's left me cold. There's some potential for CZ, but it's not quite there yet.

Felt horrible for Elene...*shaking head*

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast