Ladies Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well judging by how her older sister is quite thin I wouldn't quite say that Caroline has a tough outlook. The girl loves her junk food, I think it just takes eating healthier for her to get back into shape. I was more worried about her getting the same huge tatas Yangyang has and being thrown off balance Gedevanishvilli-style.

Also Bebe skates like the wind, and then some. I would be ecstatic if Caroline skates that fast.

Caroline's sister may be tall and thin but her mom is short and stocky. And I'm sure her coaches/parents don't allow her to eat a lot of crap, plus she exercises all the time, most of the time you're body is just going to do what it's going to do, and you can't really prevent that. Her proportions, short arms and legs and long torso, don't help matters either. But her jumps actually have more height now so I actually think her filling out has helped her skating, she'll likely just have to develop a new style, which she already seems to be doing, more intense and less pretty princess gumby doll-ish.

Kanako was my favorite, she is just so cute and her speed and enthusiasm are great, what a performer!

Seeing Carolina go clean was a nice surprise, I really love her program, and if doing 3t-2t and 3lo means she does a clean SP then I don't mind. Nice to see her happy again after last season.

Ashley was good but I'm sad she didn't get a new SP, I always found the one from last year a little blah. I liked Rachael a lot too, she seems to be in good form again and it was nice to see improvements on the 3f and layback spin. Both Ashley and Rachael seemed thinner than last season to me.

Mao :(. What a mess, but her spins were gorgeous as usual and I think the program has potential once she can get her jumps together. My goodness though she looked so thin and gaunt, I know being thin helps her rotate her 3a, but it seems like she's taken it a little overboard.

Kiira is gorgeous and the program was good apart from the doubled toe. That Viktoria girl is really pretty too, but jumps were not there today.

I don't like Elene G's hair, she was so pretty with dark hair and the bleach blonde is too light for her and makes her look trashy. Her lutz was huge and great but the other jumps weren't there today. It's too bad too, because when she's on, her jumps can be pretty terrific.

Lena Marrocco has some skary jumps but is really cute, looks like a baby compared to the other girls.

McCorkell skated well for her though I'm not a fan.

Szmiett was a total mess, which didn't really come as a surprise.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well judging by how her older sister is quite thin I wouldn't quite say that Caroline has a tough outlook. The girl loves her junk food, I think it just takes eating healthier for her to get back into shape. I was more worried about her getting the same huge tatas Yangyang has and being thrown off balance Gedevanishvilli-style.

Also Bebe skates like the wind, and then some. I would be ecstatic if Caroline skates that fast.

I'd love to see Caroline be able to do a Gede 3lz. Sure, Elene's really inconsistent, but her jumps can be huge when she's skating well. Her 3lz was enormous today.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Seeing Carolina go clean was a nice surprise, I really love her program, and if doing 3t-2t and 3lo means she does a clean SP then I don't mind. Nice to see her happy again after last season.

I knew I had something else to say about Carolina!

:laugh:

I wonder why she didn't include a Flip and Lutz in her program, but if she can skate clean with easier jumps, then I also don't mind. I also forgot to share my opinion on Kanako. I really liked her performance and I can't wait to see her in the LP!

silverlake22

Record Breaker

I wonder why she didn't include a Flip and Lutz in her program, but if she can skate clean with easier jumps, then I also don't mind. I also forgot to share my opinion on Kanako. I really liked her performance and I can't wait to see her in the LP!

Agreed! Kanako is an absolute doll she is just too adorable. Her LP has a more mature, lyrical feel to it so it will be interesting to see how it compares with her fun, upbeat SP.

krenseby

Final Flight
I knew I had something else to say about Carolina! I wonder why she didn't include a Flip and Lutz in her program,
Also, did anyone have the impression that Carolina's jumps were a bit unstable? As in, her balance was a bit off and she could have fallen?

Hiara80

On the Ice
Also, did anyone have the impression that Carolina's jumps were a bit unstable? As in, her balance was a bit off and she could have fallen?
may be because of her knee, she had a little injury, that's why she did'nt put more difficoult jumps in her sp at the moment

ayayukiituka

On the Ice

A rumor says Carolina has a knee injury,so that might be the reason she has neither 3F nor 3Lz on her Sp.

Too bad for Mao:cry:
Reading articles or watching clips on YT,She did well at practices. So she needs to continue to jump as well as 3A last season.
Btw here's a cilp of Kanako and Mao.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_LMpxY2Ub0
It's sad they didn't have any skaters' except japanese condition><

treeloving

Medalist
Despite her mistakes, I love Mao skating. She look so mature now and her movement on ice is as elegant as ever.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
rumours are Carolina couldn't train too much on jumps because of a knee injury, and so she didn't put in flip and lutz

are there any news from press conference?

Tanja90

On the Ice
rumours are Carolina couldn't train too much on jumps because of a knee injury, and so she didn't put in flip and lutz

are there any news from press conference?

yap that's true...she's had this problem on her knee before the nebelhorn I think so she isn't training flip and lutz at the moment...but someone has witnessed one of her training and said that she was solid in all the other jumps...she did a clean runthrough of her long program (and apparently it's a wonderful one)! the only thing she need now is to go on the ice enjoy herself and recover from this injury! I hope she will do great tomorrow!

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the links and discussion. I cannot get over the improvement in Caroline's jumps - yes, the axel needs work still and does her overall speed; but wow, wow, wow! I haven't seen all the skates yet, but Carolina was fun to watch although I think I like Ashely's program more and really enjoy her skating. Can't wait to watch more!