Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs - LP

take off the oven mitts
    takahashi & tran's program was the best choreographed, the pair spins had good positions, they also had good chemistry between them, musicality and spark. if they could just land the jumps (like that's a small thing LOL) they have more polish and wow to me than any of the others. last year i was all about b/l but this year, i'd rather watch t&t crash every jump element as long as the lifts and spirals go off w/o a hitch. there won't ever be another G&G or another gordeeva, but narumi reminds me a little bit of gordeeva, something about her ability to still connect to the audience despite discouraging starts, her gorgeous positions on those lifts, her arms in particular. the death spiral needs work, the pair spin could use more speed, mervin's side by side spin seemed poorly centered... i'm not blind to the faults, but i'm in love nonetheless.

t&t and the shibutanis made NHK for me. much as i love dai, much as i'm thrilled to see carolina kostner recover some of her joy and poise after last year.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    B/L reminded me of Petrova/Tikhonov

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2