Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateSkates View Post
    Ashley doesn't spend that much time vlogging.
    And you know this personally? The point isn't about the vlogging per se, the point is that Ashley seems to have broadened her interests beyond skating. Just like most 19 year olds. That is not a criticism of her, as eventually life moves forward. But at some point, you can only be so diversified, when you are simultaneously trying to get to the top of the pile in elite sports. And she hasn't even won her first US championship yet, much less in major internationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Yep,just noticed it,i like Carolina and i am happy for her,but i don't think that's ok that she didn't even try a flip or a lutz.
    Injury injury injury...it's better that she didnt try them in this competition! she has to recover first! btw she isn't first in the tecnical score but she won thanks to her components which were at the highest level at this competition!
    And if I remember well lepisto got 115+ for a program with three triple so I don't see nothing strange in carolina score and first place!

Custom Title
    If her knee has not allowed her to train properly, I don't have a problem with her not trying flip or lutz here. Carolina worked with what she had to work with. It's not her problem that the other ladies--some with flips and lutzes--shot themselves in their collective feet in one way or another!

Custom Title
    I had to go to work, so I missed the end of the freeskate. Nice silver for Rachael.

Not sure what happened to Caroline. She looked heavy. I think if she lost some weight, she could skate faster and with more grace and flow.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I don't see what Yuna has to do with this event ........

It was strange and I have to say not such good news for Rachael. She was close to her best out there and was still outclassed by a less than full strength Caro.

Rachael has a cupcake assignment at SA so she is basically in the GPF.
    Rachael even went for seven triples, but got downgraded on a 3Lz and a 3F (again). Seven attempted triples with no falls, in a weakened field that seems uncertain and unready to compete, and yet she only scored 0.01 points more than Kostner in the long program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    And you know this personally? The point isn't about the vlogging per se, the point is that Ashley seems to have broadened her interests beyond skating. Just like most 19 year olds. That is not a criticism of her, as eventually life moves forward. But at some point, you can only be so diversified, when you are simultaneously trying to get to the top of the pile in elite sports. And she hasn't even won her first US championship yet, much less in major internationals.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    Injury injury injury...it's better that she didnt try them in this competition! she has to recover first! btw she isn't first in the tecnical score but she won thanks to her components which were at the highest level at this competition!
    And if I remember well lepisto got 115+ for a program with three triple so I don't see nothing strange in carolina score and first place!
    I liked Caro's LP and nice to see her win. And thanks for letting us know yesterday about her injury. She could have pulled out but chose to compete. And she won so good for her. Hope her knee is better soon.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Carolina K.!!! I'm so happy to see her smiling again and the "wow!" when she saw the marks was great!

yeah, she didn't do lutz and flip, but that's because she can't do them now because of injury.

anyway the overall field was so weak!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I liked Caro's LP and nice to see her win. And thanks for letting us know yesterday about her injury. She could have pulled out but chose to compete. And she won so good for her. Hope her knee is better soon.
    You're welcome!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    Sorry didn't know about her injury,hope she gets better soon and it looks like going back to Huth did her good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Sorry didn't know about her injury,hope she gets better soon and it looks like going back to Huth did her good.
    no problem! I didn't mean to being rude!

Custom Title
    The ice rink is built in an arena that has two swimming pools, a 50 m and a diving pool. The rink is actually constructed over the 50m pool and the diving pool is still full of water. Very warm and humid, creating "sticky" ice conditions for the skaters.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    This is such a repeat of the trainwreck that was 2010 Worlds.
    Agree. I was planning on following the GP series much more carefully this season, but maybe I should let it off until Worlds. These girls all need to regroup and rework their jumps. Jumping technique is terrible across the board So many falls, DGs, edge calls and wonky jumps. This was a serious let-down, esp. since I had high hopes for NHK. What a bad start to the season.

What I would do for a little Yu-na and Joannie. What's with the technical content of this field?

Congratulations to the medalists, though. I'm glad Caro K medaled after such difficult two seasons; Rachael, because she actually delivered some goodies and Kanako, bronze in her first senior GP's a great feat.

Rinkside
    I just loved Rachael's new look. She seems to be such a positive skater and I really enjoyed her skating. I know it was not perfect but I felt she really loves competing and skating. I just hope Caroline will keep on working towards improvement. I hope she would not get discouraged by her score.

Custom Title
    as fars as it goes, it was rigged the minute mao totally screwed up her program.
    they wanted to put mao in medal contention, or at least close enough-but the skaters basically stood on their feet so they nailed their programs with downgrades and edge calls.
    rachel won because of 1-skated okay-not great-but okay , 2-sponorship deal, 3-usa national champ
    ashley got points because of sponorship-felts she got cheated out of olympics,
    zhang got nailed why-1) always nailed her, didn't want her up their in first place kept her down on purpose.
    she needs to decide whether or not to put money in a sport that wont give her chance.
    a sport that is unfair, driven by the federations hinting to which skaters they want up there and it is obvious they don't want zhang up there or to even give her a fighting chance or notice improvements when they are there.the usfsa should be honest with them since they don't have from what i understand the money to continue in the sportor it is hard for them regarding money.
    and they want to know way the american public don't watch them or back them like they used too. we won't with this kind of maniuplation. as long as they have sponsor money for the elitist class in U.s. so they can watch and buy products . they will do what they have always done get away with it, without regards to normal american public consideration, no wonder it tanked.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast