Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - LP

Custom Title
    The Rachael/Evan comparison doesn't really work for me. Evan is a great spinner, had high level, fast footwork, good skating skills, and presentation ability, even if he wasn't everyone's cup of tea (and he certainly wasn't mine). You might dislike him, but he was packaged well and had some very good qualities.

Rachael doesn't have any of that.

Custom Title
    I'm more concerned about Mao. She really doesn't seem competition ready.

I hope Rochette and Kim really do come back in the new year, because the ladies field feels quite desolate.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Evan was packaged well. After all, he did have Caroll as his coach. I also think aesthetics and style matter a little more for the ladies. The problem with Rachel is that she is average in everything. Her technical skills are not good enough to compensate for her presentation.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    She needs to revamp her whole image - she's packaged completely wrong - and work on her speed, presentation, and PCS. Her skating has not improved at all during the off season. The judges were giving her a hint all of last season; her team hasn't taken it.
    Tom Zakrajsek doesn't seem to concern himself with teaching his skaters strong skating skills. His emphasis is much more on jumps. Flatt, Bradley, and Mroz are all evidence of this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Tom Zakrajsek doesn't seem to concern himself with teaching his skaters strong skating skills. His emphasis is much more on jumps. Flatt, Bradley, and Mroz are all evidence of this.
    I agree completely. His skaters all have consistent, difficult jumps - which is great - but everything else in their skating lives much to be desired. I don't think he's the coach that can take Flatt to the next level (if it's possible to do so in the first place).

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Can someone please post a link to Rachael's FP? Others would be nice too. Sorry if it's already been done. The page that supposedly had links to all the programs didn't, when I opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    Some people think like you.
    Some don't.
    I'm...AVERAGE.

I don't think Carolina is 8 points more skilled or beautiful than Rachael. RACHAEL WON !!!
    Carolina won; Rachael is your personal preference. And telling us you're "average" doesn't make me want to agree with you .... >____>

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Can someone please post a link to Rachael's FP? Others would be nice too. Sorry if it's already been done. The page that supposedly had links to all the programs didn't, when I opened it.
    Hi Spun,
    If this works the other LP's will be posted here too.
    BTW, Rachael skated very well - close to her best. Caro was skating with a knee injury and could not do any flips ot lutzes and still won.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fsbj4#p/.../6/1UKZI0RcXMQ

Custom Title
    I just checked Vancouver PCS for Flatt and Kostner...

Flatt : 58.48
    Kostner : 57.04

If these score were applied in NHK...Flatt won by wide margin.
    Do skating skill, interpretation, choreography, transition... change so dramatically in a few months?

Who is kidding who? Is it because Carolina bombed in Vancouver or...Is it because PCS flutuates from where the competition was being held?

RACHAEL FLATT WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkatingAnalyst View Post
    Is it because Carolina bombed in Vancouver . . .
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Hi Spun,
    If this works the other LP's will be posted here too.
    BTW, Rachael skated very well - close to her best. Caro was skating with a knee injury and could not do any flips ot lutzes and still won.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fsbj4#p/.../6/1UKZI0RcXMQ
    Thank you so much, Janetfan. I love Rachael's haircut and costume. This is the best she's looked since she was 14, IMO. Unfortunately her skating still doesn't do much for me. I wish she would give up the cutesy jazzy moves and music. Romantic music and distinguished choreography would help her a lot.

Thank you so much, Janetfan. I love Rachael's haircut and costume. This is the best she's looked since she was 14, IMO. Unfortunately her skating still doesn't do much for me. I wish she would give up the cutesy jazzy moves and music. Romantic music and distinguished choreography would help her a lot.
    I also liked her new haircut and her SP costume was also nice.

Custom Title
    I am starting to enjoy Rachael's skating(and like her). I have read what are said about her in this thread and in some blogs.. I just say what I want to say.
    She skates with what she has and tries to do better. To me, she seems to have musical sense and most surprisingly to me, I felt there were some sexiness here and there in her programs.
    Surprised she did NOT fall at the moment she was really wonky.(Sorry Rachael but it was funny.) She did not seem too nervous waiting for the announcement of points. This may show her quality as a competitor.

Carolina is a talented skater. Now that she has more confidence after the ever inconsistent season, I want to see her big 3-3 in the near future.(Get well soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Didn't he coach Jeremy Abbott??

Custom Title
    Didn't he coach Jeremy Abbott??
    Yeah, for awhile. And while I think Jeremy is a fabulous skater, he's not my cup of tea and I find him rather milk toast-y and boring. Plus his facial expressions are always the same, a mix between "i'm nauseous" and "serious". I also think he's gotten much better since he LEFT Tom Z.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast