Ladies - LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

oleada

Record Breaker
Yes, and the only semi-clean skate was horrible in all sort of other ways.

Kanako fell 3 times.

I think this is the worst ladies competition I have ever seen.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Yikes, based on what I see here, Alissa Czisny may have a good shot at making the GPF!

ETA: Congrats to Carolina. Hopefully she stays back, and keeps her evil twin locked in the closet!

oleada

Record Breaker
I know that makes me a bad person but i dont want Rachael to win.

Oh my god, me either.

She was the closest to clean and had the highest technical content, but her program and overall skating were so dire that it felt longer than Mao's disaster.

Trewyn

Medalist
Erm. How many triplels did Kanako land? I wasn't counting, but from what I remember seeing it was 2? Assuming I've missed one, that makes 3? Then fell on the other 3? One double.double.double and a double axel? This is one weird competition. Makes it even sadder that Ashley finished fifth in a field like this! I've never seen her mess up like that! Yes a costly mistake in the short program, two footed jumps in the long but messing up 2 spins, losing all her energy AND messing up jumps? Never seen that. And I've been watching her for a long time now. The last time she finished as low as 5th in the GP was her debut at SC in 2007...

Krislite

Medalist
Only Carolina Kostner went "clean", and she won!? "Ironic" doesn't seem adequate to describe this competition.

Just look at the top two winners: 1. Kostner 2. Flatt

oleada

Record Breaker
Erm. How many triplels did Kanako land? I wasn't counting, but from what I remember seeing it was 2?

She landed a 3T+3T and a 3Lz. She was only 5th in the LP, but the other ladies were just terrible. I think Korpi landed 3 as well. Gede did 4.

Zhang's mule kick isn't gone from the 3Lz, by the way.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Protocols are interesting. Of the top half, only Elene had no downgrades, underrotations or edge calls. Although her first lutz was doubled. And most had issues on more than one element.

champs

Final Flight
Makes it even sadder that Ashley finished fifth in a field like this! I've never seen her mess up like that! Yes a costly mistake in the short program, two footed jumps in the long but messing up 2 spins, losing all her energy AND messing up jumps? Never seen that. And I've been watching her for a long time now. The last time she finished as low as 5th in the GP was her debut at SC in 2007...

You forgot Ashley's disaster in the LP at 2008 Worlds...

I'm sad for Ashley, it looked like she didn't have strength in her feet necessary to support her jump landings, spins, and footwork. I hope it's just due to lack of training time this summer and nothing serious.

Watching Caroline's LP tonight, I see that Caroline did fix her mule kick for Flip entrance, but not for Lutz entrance. Well, one at a time...

Last edited:

Krislite

Medalist
She landed a 3T+3T and a 3Lz. She was only 5th in the LP, but the other ladies were just terrible. I think Korpi landed 3 as well. Gede did 4.

Zhang's mule kick isn't gone from the 3Lz, by the way.

Kanako actually got downgraded on the lutz (and got a "e" call). She got credit for two triple flips, though (despite the falls).

So in effect, she landed only two triples where she got full credit. :eek:

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
I can't wait to see the protocols and see how many of Ashley's jumps got downgraded and how much points she lost for messing up those spins. They weren't as bad as Yu Na's jumps in Turin; but she messed up the bielmand position in the first combo spin and there was a visible wobble in another. The bielman position in the last combo spin was lovely though; it really showed off her body lines. She has amazing thin arms. But really; Ashley wasn't herself in that program; she looked like her mind was somewhere else. And if your mind isn't in the program you better not be skating to Malageuna. She was too slow for the music.
On a positive note; I thought Ashley's double axel-triple toe looked good; maybe a bit low free leg on the landing of the triple toe but LOTS of potential to turn it into a stunning element.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
You forgot Ashley's disaster in the LP at 2008 Worlds...

I'm sad for Ashley, it looked like she didn't have strength in her feet necessary to support her jump landings, spins, and footwork. I hope it's just due to lack of training time this summer and nothing serious.

Ashley had said she was sick in September I think, and had to pull from Nebelhorn. Then turned around and skated at ATS LA about 2-3 weeks later. And she seems to spend a bit of time vlogging. She might want to consider some more quality time at practice. I still don't know what happened to the SP that was supposed to be Kashmir--maybe it got panned by USFS? Or maybe it just wasn't ready and she had to re-tread last year's model. I'm not liking either of her music choices.

Last edited: