NHK Gala | Golden Skate

NHK Gala

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Mao's exhibition is beautiful even with her jumps MIA. I liked Rachael's also and Carolina's was fun.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I just watched a few of the exhibitions, and I must say the very first one I watched had me misty-eyed. Lol, and I almost skipped it because I thought it would be another generic female ballad. Alas, you can imagine my surprise when Rachael skated to something so heartfelt & touching ~ "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (http://www.youtube.com/user/84ppo#p/c/7ED93FA99E018913/0/obR0Kkry6mg) ~ in that lovely royal dark blue dress. :) It just seemed to me that Rach was expressing her vulnerability in this number, calling out to the anonymous masses to stay with her, in other words to hold her hand. She tries so hard, it just breaks my heart. *tears* Whoever sings this song does justice to a Beatles classic; I rarely like covers, but in this case I make an exception; EXCELLENT!

Carolina's was cute (though I only watched about half of it), and that American Pair Team had a lot of pizzazz (still, nobody touches Kurt Browning's classic interpretation of this piece imho), and Jeremy's number was also a bit emotional. Haven't watched anybody else yet.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I think it is from the soundtrack of "Across the Universe" Lot s of great covers in that movie ,. I liked her ex better than the competitive freeskate. Maybe she should think of a movie soundtrack for a program someday. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Dai and his Amelie. I kind of wish he had kept that for the short.

Nadine

Record Breaker
You all won't believe this!!!!! I loved this song so much that I went to youtube to try to find out who sang it, and it turns out it's a GUY! *shock* From some television show here in the states called "Glee". As I don't watch much t.v. (lol, thing of the past since the computer age for me), I'm not surprised I never saw it before. Anyhow, I looooooooooooove the song, YEAH! :)

Nigel

On the Ice
You all won't believe this!!!!! I loved this song so much that I went to youtube to try to find out who sang it, and it turns out it's a GUY! *shock* From some television show here in the states called "Glee". As I don't watch much t.v. (lol, thing of the past since the computer age for me), I'm not surprised I never saw it before. Anyhow, I looooooooooooove the song, YEAH! :)

Nadine...you must check out GLEE!
For those of us who are Gleeks....
The song is sung by the character, Kurt, in episode 3 of season 2, "Grilled Cheesus!" ;-) as a tribute to his dad, who has suffered a heart attack.
http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes/7975/
You can skip ahead in the episode to about 27 minutes to watch Kurt sing the song.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Nadine...you must check out GLEE!
For those of us who are Gleeks....
The song is sung by the character, Kurt, in episode 3 of season 2, "Grilled Cheesus!" ;-) as a tribute to his dad, who has suffered a heart attack.
http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes/7975/
You can skip ahead in the episode to about 27 minutes to watch Kurt sing the song.

Thanks for posting that, Nigel, it made me cry, so emotional.... :(

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glee also recently did a version of Pokerface that blew Lady Gaga off the stage. :yes:

That Glee rendition of Pokerface was not original. Lady Gaga has performed it that way (acoustic) before at live concert settings and that version was also a sample on a racy Kid Cudi rap song titled "Make Her Say".