Skating with the Stars | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars

On Dancing with the Stars tonight ABC ran the first brief ad for the Skating with the Stars competition that is scheduled to air on November 22.

Also, they announced that Kristi Yamaguchi and Anton Apolo Ohno would guest star on Dancing with the Stars next week, as team captains for some kind of reunion of past winners feature.

I bet they are setting Kristi up as the host of the new show.

I wonder who the contestants and judges will be.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I think you are likely correct, as for judges I am going to vote for Plushy being one of them. :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Math, I read an article where they said they would announce who's going to be on the show on November 2nd. Also here is some info, not much, from the ABC site.

http://abc.go.com/shows/skating-with-the-stars

Isn't this a take off of a show a few years ago and John Nicks was one of the judges??

Yeah, Lloyd Eisler and some movie star floozie won. It did not attract a very big audience. I think this time around they will be relying on the Dancing with the Stars tie-in get more viewers.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think they may have asked for some help from KBrowning IIRC. He mentioned in an interview earlier this year that Battle of the Blades was being noticed by US networks.

Well, last night they announced the stars that will be participating. I never heard of any of them. I guess that's the problem with a show of this kind -- there are no famous people who can skate. (I wish Condoleeza Rice would have gone for it. :) )

They didn't anounce which skaters will be involved, or the judges.

mganders

Rinkside
This has the names of the pros.

http://www.examiner.com/ice-skating...t-and-professionals-of-skating-with-the-stars

Ethan Burgess, Jon Heder’s skating double in Blades of Glory; Brooke Castile, the 2007 U.S. National Pairs Champion; pairs skater Keauna McLaughlin, two-time U.S. National Champion, 2010 Four Continents Silver Medalist, and 2007 World Junior Champion with partner Rockne Brubaker; ice dancer Denis Pethukov, 2004-2007 U.S. Silver Medalist with partner and wife Melissa Gregory; ice dancer Jennifer Wester, the 2007 Nebelborn Trophy Champion alongside partner and husband Daniil Barantsev; and Fred Palascak, a two-time U.S. Eastern Sectional Pairs Champion with wife Melanie Lambert.

Thanks for the info.

I am going to root for Brooke Castile and the skier guy. (I know Tonichelle will be rooting for Denis Petukov. :) )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info.

I am going to root for Brooke Castile and the skier guy. (I know Tonichelle will be rooting for Denis Petukov. :) )

How could any woman NOT root for Denis??? :love:

I also love Brooke and Jennifer, though.

guess I will have to watch this after all.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm glad to see Keauna is part of it - it would be a shame to waste her skating talent. Hope she can get her mojo back!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I'm going to cheer for Bethenny Frankl... and a little for Denis. I wish there were more well known skaters.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wish there were more well known skaters.

I wish there were more well known stars. Dancing didn't have big name dancers the first season, except if you followed dance. That's not what brings in the viewership (now some have huge fan bases because of the show), it's the has been stars and wannabe stars that shouldn't be that bring in the viewers.

I'm excited to see Denis skate and Jennifer and Brooke... it'll be nice to see those faces on TV again...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The reason I like Bethenny Frankl is her dog Cookie....I love Cookie.

ranjake

Final Flight
The reason I like Bethenny Frankl is her dog Cookie....I love Cookie.

I rooting for Bethenny, too. I also like Cookie- she's so cute and psycho. After the new 'Beverly Hills' Housewives, however, Cookie is no longer my favorite HW dog. My heart now belongs to Lisa Vanderpump's Giggy, possibly the cutest dog in the world. I think Bethenny might be great on this show. She's very fit, competitive, and a great roller skater( I know it's not FS- but she has great balance). I was surprised to hear Vince Neal was a figure skater as a kid!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Giggy too but as you said Cookie is little on the psycho side. I loved it when she went after the wedding planner. I think what melted my heart was when the assistant had one of Bryn's blankets on Cookie (Boo-Boo) so she could get Bryn's scent before she came home.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I always liked Sean Young and then Denis P. on the skating side of the pair so I'm gonna root for them. I hope this is good as I actually enjoyed a lot of things about the Skating with Celebrities, like seeing Tai again, and with this show having the tie-ins to DWTS maybe it will have a better chance to succeed.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So far so good. I think I like this better than Skating with the Celebrities. I am so far impressed with Johnny's comments and critique. Johnny looks wonderful, new do as well as the makeup. Tanith Belbin is doing commentary on the elements.