Skating with the Stars | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars

samba

On the Ice
as someone taniths age and gender i gotta say its ridiculous to judge a persons voice. My pitch is similar to taniths and i have no control over it either.

She has some control of her voice since sometimes it was deeper and sometimes it was quite high and gigling like young girls. You are not doing your living using your voice, right? She is working as journalist, her voice and the way she speaks is no where near standard of that profession. Not everybody can do that job, you need more than the appearance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
She has some control of her voice since sometimes it was deeper and sometimes it was quite high and gigling like young girls. You are not doing your living using your voice, right? She is working as journalist, her voice and the way she speaks is no where near standard of that profession. Not everybody can do that job, you need more than the appearance.

The whole show is kinda tongue in cheek IMO. Maybe the director tells Tanith to speak with enthusiasm and excitement and it sounds high and giggling to some folks. This show is really not a gig where she is reporting the news. When Tanith commentates for Universal Sports she is very controlled and professional.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago Tanith had a brief gig on local TV in southeast Michigan. The show was about little local gems, like "the old cider mill and such-and-such quaint village" -- that sort of thing. She did a great job!

She has also been very poised and professional when she has MCed local skatig shows.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
"I wish they had used a full scale ice rink." That would be too big for the skaters, however if the rink was bigger it would be easier for them to skate on. I hate the tiny rink.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I just want to say that I really enjoy Brooke and her partner. I thought she was a robot all these years, but she just came alive on this show. Very affable. You go, girl!!!!!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
^Oh, I'm glad someone else is enjoying Brooke. I too think she has shown real personality, and a lot of class. If this show lasts, I know I'm going to be rooting for the pros far more than the "stars" just as I do on DWTS! And Brooke will be one of my faves!

brightphoton

Medalist
I haven't seen the show, but what's the whole Johnny vs. Bethenny (Bethany?) thing anyway?

Johnny Weir and some lady from a reality show named Bethenny get into a spat. She says that she doesn't care about the judge's low scores for her performances; she just wants to skate and have fun. Johnny says, fine, you don't care about our scores, we don't care to see your skating! The audience boos, Bethenny's partner says fine, we'll just take our scores, the other judges and the host chime in. It's utterly, utterly embarrassing.

Aside from that, the skating isn't nearly as impressive as Dancing with the Stars's routines. I suppose it's harder to pick up skating than it is to learn to dance. Ice is slippery.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It was pretty impressive to me to see Brooke do a throw 2S (afair it was a salchow) with her celebrity partner.

stevlin

On the Ice
I haven't seen the show, but what's the whole Johnny vs. Bethenny (Bethany?) thing anyway?

I can;'t stand that Bethaney on the show. Her skating is terrible, most of the time she is in a lift. Skate blades off the ice is not skating. It is being carried. I hope she gets voted off. She stinks.

stevlin

On the Ice
Johnny really impressed me last night! He really is giving it his best! My husband and I both commented on how sick, thin and tired Bethenny looks. She just seems so fragile and thin. My husband just kept saying that her face looked skeletal. I hope she isn't taking the "skinny girl" thing to far. Her skating seemed better last week too.

The problem with Bethanney is that she doesn't skate much, she's always in a lift. That to me is not skating. Skating is when your blades are actually on the ice moving.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Johnny is friends with one of bethanny's rivals on the real desperate housewives show. Shes been very vocal that he isnt able to judge honestly because he came in not liking her. Ethan has been a total jerk too. Johnny has been spot on and fair with his comments. Bethanny wants to put a skate blade up johnnys butt. Shes made homophobic comments about him too. So whos the one with the issues?

ranjake

Final Flight
Johnny is friendly with Jill Zarin, now Bethenny's "frenemy" from RHNYC, but he's also been friendly with....Bethenny! They were involved in GLAAD activities together. I think Johnny may have gotten pissed at her remark "I'm the woman Johnny Weir wants to be, and he clearly has an issue with that". She may have meant it as a joke- but given that she's a GLAAD ambassador, met Johnny at their event, and that Johnny has been vocal in embracing his feminine AND masculine sides, and has been vocal in telling us that he doesn't like gender boxes or labels, and is currently an advocate against bullying teens in the LGBT community, that remark may have struck him as fairly personal. Usually Johnny doesn't hold back, and neither, typically, does Bethenny- so I think we'll learn much more in the future.

She can act like it's personal, but she rarely has her skates on the ground, barely bends her knees and rarely does crossovers. Her tricks are great- but her 'skating' is basically non-existent. Her fans (some) have been horrible on twitter and facebook- and I know Johnny has hardcore fans, too- so this could get ugly.

Johar

Medalist
I am so disgusted that skeletor face is there and not Jonny Moseley, who deserved to be in the final due to his skating skills which are superior to skeletor's.

Quit letting the general public vote!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So bummed out & shocked that Brooke & Johnny were eliminated. I wanted Bethenny to be gone weeks ago (nothing personal against her pro partner, Ethan, but I can't stand her)!

Johar

Medalist
She looked so smug standing there. God, if she wins this contest it will be hideous. She is the Bristol Palin of skating.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This whole show is a joke. When a reality star with no skating skills is in the finals, oh please! That being said, I look forward to Johnny performing tonight.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, we can say the skeptics were right. This whole show was a bomb and a half. Even with the eye candy I didn't make it past 10 min of the first episode...then again, I don't watch DWTS either, so...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
at least the right team won. Great seeing Jennifer and Denis skating in the finale. I like Denis' haircut. His mom is visiting right now, wonder if... ;)