Ladies - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

mishieru07

On the Ice
And Alissa looks so lovely, reminiscent of Sasha Cohen when she first skated her "Romeo & Juliet" masterpiece that one year.

Oh Nadine don't stir up painful memories!!! I love Arakawa but Sasha's R&J skate at the Olympics was just heartbreaking. :cry:

Good luck to the rest of the ladies (as well as the other skaters competing later)!

Thanks for the running commentary guys; much appreciated!!! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I always love how they make a mention that Fumie skated in Anchorage, Alaska. Even after 50 years of being a state, and being as modern as anywhere else, Alaska is still so *exotic* :rolleyes:

Tanja90

On the Ice
Fumie gets the 4th components????? behind marchei lacoste samson and zawadski????didn't expect that! not that I don't like them but...

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, this is my favorite program thus far in terms of having it all!!! *clapping* The costume, the music, the choreography, the skater, everything was just divine. Lol I enjoyed the whole picture so much that I forgot about the jumps, though I do recall she did the required ones without fault, lovely flexible spins, my only complaint is she needs to stretch her legs out (especially the knee). Except for Mao, I notice practically all the Japanese skaters have a tendency NOT to stretch their legs out, which is a pet peeve of mine. Anyhow, GOOD JOB, GOOD JOB!!!! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, lovely lively program from Ksenia which is warmly received by the crowd, and rightfully so!!!! *clapping*

FINALLY A 3/3 COMBO.! (oops, also Amelie did a 3R/3R combo., sorry about that guys, I thought it was a 3R/2R, probably because of the step out & hand down afterward).

Gorgeous 3-turns into the 3R by Ksenis (reminiscent of Irina Slutskaya & Sarah Hughes signature move), and a beautiful spiral into 2A! Ending with a lovely Biellmann. Should be a good score! :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
from one cute coach to another... (Viktor Petrenko, now Jason Dunjen :love: )

GO ALISSA! :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job by Alissa! :) Just a fallout on her opening triple jump (might be UR as well), but good comeback with the 3/2 combo. & the 2A. Where she shines is in the spins ~ phenomenal spinner ~ should receive high scores for those spins alone. Exquisite, exquisite...