Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title

Custom Title
    1st group is done, now the 2nd group is out on the ice for their 5 minute warmup!

AND THE USA IS IN FIRST PLACE THUS FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    According the announcer, Suguri was the first Japanese skater to win an isu championship. What about Ito and Sato? Was that an error or a loop-hole?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    According the announcer, Suguri was the first Japanese skater to win an isu championship. What about Ito and Sato? Was that an error or a loop-hole?
    WHAAAAA? So the ISU lost its status as the governing body of figure skating when Ito and Sato won the world championship titles in 1989 and 1994?

Ito won Skate Canada back in the 1984-1985 season, so I believe that is the first ISU event win for a Japanese lady singles skater. GP events are not considered to be ISU championships. Championships are Europeans, 4CC, and Worlds.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-29-2010 at 11:18 AM.

maybe they meant an ISU GP event

Custom Title
    Oh wow, I really love Cynthia Phaneuf's gold glittery dress (looks almost exactly like the one Oksana Baiul wore for her "It's A Wonderful World" pro. program). And Alissa looks so lovely, reminiscent of Sasha Cohen when she first skated her "Romeo & Juliet" masterpiece that one year. Also Fumie always looks lovely, dark royal blue looks good on her, as well as her lightened hair (hard to believe she's the oldest out there, she honestly looks about 14 or 15 yrs. old)!

HERE WE GO, WARMUP ENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Custom Title
    Is it the dress or does Alissa looked slimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Is it the dress or does Alissa looked slimmer?
    judging by practice photos yesterday it must be the dress, she looks no different to me (though the few clips I saw of her on warm up she didn't look different to me)

Custom Title
    Boy was Valentina flying out there, perhaps too much speed going into the 3L resulted in the fall, then a good comeback with the 3S, but fell doing simple footwork (looked deflated after that). And on a shallow note she looks *exactly* like Cynthia Phaneuf (lol, I honestly thought it was her at first). :D

Custom Title
    Missed beginning of Marchei's program. She fell on the footwork - which was sad, cause she was rockin' it.

45.57 - she's devastated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    my favorite part was how she hung on to the 3R/2R combo. (edge jumps are my favorite, especially the axel & the loop).
    She did 3R-3R.

Custom Title
    i'm so sad for her :-( i hope she will do a god job tomorrow

Custom Title
    I have to hand it to, Fumie, she gets major props from me for still being able to compete with the younguns out there. She doesn't look her age at all, either physically, or when she skates. Jumps were good, the Japanese always have very good high jumps. Too bad about the fall-out on the 3L/2T combo. (fell out of the 2T & maybe two-footed as well), but good comeback with the 3F & 2A. Good job, Fumie, good job!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    She did 3R-3R.
    I wasn's the only one to see it then!good job girl!

Custom Title
    Fumie Suguri: Nothing special. Very little flow on the jumps. Probably URed one or two.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast