Ladies - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

champs

Final Flight
Good that Czisny made 3F into a combo after the failed combo.
Her Bielmann spin seems to have slowed down compared with her previous years.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad Alissa showed some fight out there today! Placements/scores seem fair so far.

mishieru07

On the Ice
I didn't know about that tidbit on the Loop's creator - thanks museksk8r!

Some people call it 3R instead of 3L to avoid mixing it up with the Lutz. Otherwise, the lutz is known as Lz and loop as l (as per ISU protocol)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Phaneuf: landed the jumps, but only did a solo 3T (3Lz-2t) Rocked the footwork, okay spins. Should go into first - the 3-3 combo of the rest was easy and her GOEs for the jumps should be good.

Nadine

Record Breaker
MY GOSH, I honestly cannot get over how much Cynthia Phaneuf & Agnes Zawadzki look alike in *everything*, literally! Same face, same body, same height on jumps, same style, et al. Except Cynthia has a way better program imho. Obviously will be in 1st place. ;)

champs

Final Flight
On the rinkside thre is a "SONY make believe" ad, I wonder if they are sponcering CBC with all those 3D equipments like they did for the entire World Cup 3D coverage this summer.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love seeing scores this close together. Any lady in the final flight of the LP can win this now!

champs

Final Flight
Overall a great SP event, I hope Lafuente will be fine fro the free, and also hope Meier's twisted foot will heal soon.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Ladies SP:

1 Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN) 58.24
2 Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS) 57.90
3 Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) 56.29
4 Alissa CZISNY (USA) 55.95
5 Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) 55.30
6 Haruka IMAI (JPN) 52.52
7 Myriane SAMSON (CAN) 51.62
8 Fumie SUGURI (JPN) 48.17
9 Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) 45.57
10 Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) 42.76
11 Alexe GILLES (USA) 41.02

WD Sarah MEIER (SUI)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good job by the Americans, but their job is only 1/2 over. Now onto the FS!

Top 3 are only separated by 1 point apiece, and 3 & 4 by a 1/2 pt. Close competition thus far.

I guess whomever lands the most jumps in the FS will win the competition, but skating is so different nowadays I just don't know what criteria they will use. I have no idea who will win, even if they do land all their jumps! (8^O

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS, LADIES! :)

WOW. The top Three!!! Zawadski looked so polished for her 1st time She set the standard. Just imposible curiosity but what if she had skated last?

Makaraov living up to her National's reputation as well as Johnny Weir's praise. First class performance!

Phaneuf skating her best ever. Can she repeat in the LP?

Scores are so close, no predictions can possibly be meaningful.

(Imai - a future contender, definitely.)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Top 3 are only separated by 1 point apiece, and 3 & 4 by a 1/2 pt. Close competition thus far.

I guess whomever lands the most jumps in the FS will win the competition, but skating is so different nowadays I just don't know what criteria they will use. I have no idea who will win, even if they do land all their jumps! (8^O

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS, LADIES! :)

You could try looking at the ISU rulebook with their 1001 changes to level requirements and GoE every season! Not easy to keep track of but certainly something interesting to do in the off season! It's actually quite straightforward and kinda fun to try and score programmes. I like the IJS better than 6.0 for that reason; at least I know how skaters are scored and why. Never understood how judges decided what was worth a 6.0 and another a 5.8.

The FS should be VERY exciting! And so far so good for my predicted podium! :biggrin:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I only got to see Zawadski and Samson because I had to go to class. I'm happy to see Phaneuf is in the lead though. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
WOW. The top Three!!! Zawadski looked so polished for her 1st time She set the standard. Just imposible curiosity but what if she had skated last?

assuming you mean what if she had the skate that she had and was the last to skate - she'd probably be second. Seems Cynthia was destined for first.