Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Short Program

Custom Title
    On the rinkside thre is a "SONY make believe" ad, I wonder if they are sponcering CBC with all those 3D equipments like they did for the entire World Cup 3D coverage this summer.

Custom Title

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I love seeing scores this close together. Any lady in the final flight of the LP can win this now!

Custom Title
    Overall a great SP event, I hope Lafuente will be fine fro the free, and also hope Meier's twisted foot will heal soon.

Custom Title
    Ladies SP:

1 Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN) 58.24
    2 Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS) 57.90
    3 Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) 56.29
    4 Alissa CZISNY (USA) 55.95
    5 Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) 55.30
    6 Haruka IMAI (JPN) 52.52
    7 Myriane SAMSON (CAN) 51.62
    8 Fumie SUGURI (JPN) 48.17
    9 Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) 45.57
    10 Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) 42.76
    11 Alexe GILLES (USA) 41.02

WD Sarah MEIER (SUI)

Custom Title
    Good job by the Americans, but their job is only 1/2 over. Now onto the FS!

Top 3 are only separated by 1 point apiece, and 3 & 4 by a 1/2 pt. Close competition thus far.

I guess whomever lands the most jumps in the FS will win the competition, but skating is so different nowadays I just don't know what criteria they will use. I have no idea who will win, even if they do land all their jumps! (8^O

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS, LADIES!

WOW. The top Three!!! Zawadski looked so polished for her 1st time She set the standard. Just imposible curiosity but what if she had skated last?

Makaraov living up to her National's reputation as well as Johnny Weir's praise. First class performance!

Phaneuf skating her best ever. Can she repeat in the LP?

Scores are so close, no predictions can possibly be meaningful.

(Imai - a future contender, definitely.)

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    Top 3 are only separated by 1 point apiece, and 3 & 4 by a 1/2 pt. Close competition thus far.

I guess whomever lands the most jumps in the FS will win the competition, but skating is so different nowadays I just don't know what criteria they will use. I have no idea who will win, even if they do land all their jumps! (8^O

GOOD LUCK IN THE FS, LADIES!
    You could try looking at the ISU rulebook with their 1001 changes to level requirements and GoE every season! Not easy to keep track of but certainly something interesting to do in the off season! It's actually quite straightforward and kinda fun to try and score programmes. I like the IJS better than 6.0 for that reason; at least I know how skaters are scored and why. Never understood how judges decided what was worth a 6.0 and another a 5.8.

The FS should be VERY exciting! And so far so good for my predicted podium!

I only got to see Zawadski and Samson because I had to go to class. I'm happy to see Phaneuf is in the lead though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    WOW. The top Three!!! Zawadski looked so polished for her 1st time She set the standard. Just imposible curiosity but what if she had skated last?
    assuming you mean what if she had the skate that she had and was the last to skate - she'd probably be second. Seems Cynthia was destined for first.

Just watched Cynthia's SP on youtube. It was great. I looked for Makarova's, but I couldn't find it. Sad to see Fumie down at the back of the pack.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    You could try looking at the ISU rulebook with their 1001 changes to level requirements and GoE every season! Not easy to keep track of but certainly something interesting to do in the off season! It's actually quite straightforward and kinda fun to try and score programmes. I like the IJS better than 6.0 for that reason; at least I know how skaters are scored and why. Never understood how judges decided what was worth a 6.0 and another a 5.8.

The FS should be VERY exciting! And so far so good for my predicted podium!
    In answer to your smart alec remark, no, I neither have the time nor the desire to read over all the continually changing rules & regulations. After the skating season is over, I'm gone, which is my custom every year. Skating is not my life, just something I enjoy.

Also, I'm a traditionalist, and I respect those that came before, which is why I use 3R, not 3L, et al, in honor of its creator Werner Rittberger. I don't care what the ISU rule book says. Savvy.

Thus far, I enjoyed the ladies at NHK more, but that's not saying much. I can't wait to see what Mirai Nagasu has in store for us all at COC (crossing fingers it's something phenomenal)!

Now onto the MEN!

I really enjoyed the ladies' SP! I'm so happy about the top 3! Alissa's jumps look much better!

Oh Fumie...

Custom Title
    Amelie looks like Meryl Davis of the USA except she has bright blue Paul Newman eyes. Nice skate, good job, my favorite part was how she hung on to the 3R/2R combo. (edge jumps are my favorite, especially the axel & the loop).
    that was a 3Lo-3Lo combo

Custom Title
    MY GOSH, I honestly cannot get over how much Cynthia Phaneuf & Agnes Zawadzki look alike in *everything*, literally! Same face, same body, same height on jumps, same style, et al. Except Cynthia has a way better program imho. Obviously will be in 1st place.
    I see it too. I think it's the tall and muscular build. And the way they finish off their movements.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast