Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ten Days till VACATION!!!!!

Ten Days till VACATION!!!!!

In ten days I'm flying down to Seattle, WA to meet up with my best friend (who is driving from Montana). We'll spend the night and then drive from Seattle down to SoCal and then across the south to get to Florida so we can spend 10 days at Disney before Driving back up to Salt Lake City so I can fly out and make it home in time for Thanksgiving! I am beyond excited!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Have a great trip. It sounds like fun!! I am leaving in about 4 weeks for a 10 day Carribean cruise!

Hey, Toni.

Can't remember if you're a Harry Potter fan or not, but we loved the Forbidden Journey ride. Best ride at Universal right now. Went on it 3 times - definitely don't go on weekends when the line is longer. If you do go on, try to sit in the seat on the extreme left end of the row of seats as your are 'loaded' - the seats end of turning and you'll end up on the right side where you'll get a better view of what happens. Our 1st day at Universal was a Tuesday; 1st ride on HP forbidden journey was early afternoon witha 45 minute wait. 2nd ride was close to closing and just a 20 minute wait. When we went back on Friday closer to closing, it was a 45 minute wait. The wait never seemed very long because they do a good job at staging interesting things.

Olivander's wand shop should not be done if you have small kids in the family - someone will likely end up crying. We waited 30 minutes. I would say that it's not worth waiting longer than 30 minutes for something that lasts about 5 minutes where only 1 person in the group participates.

Butter beer was interesting. The joke shope and candy shop were well done.

The other 2 rides were there before and just modified to an HP theme.

We won't be hitting up Universal this trip. We're doing a few of the extras at Disney (The Christmas party for one) and we just don't have the time or fundage to do Universal (which is EXPENSIVE for one or two days whether they try to say they aren't or not!). Not a big fan of Harry Potter, but would like to peek in just to see what it's all about. I just don't know that I'd get much out of it as I'm not familiar with a lot of the characters/places/story.

Out of the 4 of us that went, I was the only one who had read all of the HP books and seen the movies, but I'm no where near as crazed about it as some of my other friends. Anyway, the other 3 enjoyed it even without knowing either nothing or very little about HP.

I'm sure Mickey's Christmas will be fun. We went to Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween while we were there a couple of weeks ago. We must've packed 15 pounds of candy.

I want to go to the Halloween party so bad. Next trip is going to be in October lol

FOUR DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bounces*

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    wweeee, I remember you were counting the days in your signature, I cant believe time passed so fast
    Have a great trip, I hope you have lots of fun and many things to say afterwards!

10 whole days in Disneyland??Is it so bigger than Eurodisney? You stay in their hotels with Minnie and Pluto breakfast? What you can do there for 10 days, date Mikey?
    I kid, have a fabolous vacation!!!!!
    x

edit: I want to go to this Harry Potter thing!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    10 whole days in Disneyland??Is it so bigger than Eurodisney? You stay in their hotels with Minnie and Pluto breakfast? What you can do there for 10 days, date Mikey?
    I kid, have a fabolous vacation!!!!!
    Well Disney WORLD is larger than all other Disney parks combined. There are 80 resorts, 4 parks, 2 water parks, a shopping center (Downtown Disney) and they still have tons of land that they could develop. So, yeah, 10 days and I won't see close to everything And we're doing several character meals (Chef Mickey's for Dinner, Donald's Breakfast Safari, and a Storybook Princess lunch). Apparently I haven't grown up yet!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Have a great trip!!!!!

I've never been to a theme park in my life--but it sounds like fun.

Our big excitement was the Champlain Valley Fair

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Storybook princess lunch???I ve never seen one!!! It will have knights on white horses and super dresses?
    That sounds like a really huge park Toni, I went with my sister to Eurodisney two years ago and we needed two days to go around everything including the the time to recover from rollercosters, but it seems like it is 1/100th of the Disney Park you go! Again, have a great time on your super trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Storybook princess lunch???I ve never seen one!!! It will have knights on white horses and super dresses?
    That sounds like a really huge park Toni, I went with my sister to Eurodisney two years ago and we needed two days to go around everything including the the time to recover from rollercosters, but it seems like it is 1/100th of the Disney Park you go! Again, have a great time on your super trip!!!
    Pretty much! Ha ha!

thanks! I'm so ready for it to happen. We'll be blogging as often as we can, and I'll be twittering (I'm tonichelleak on twitter)...
    blog - http://originaldorktwins.blogspot.com

Have a fantastic trip, Toni! Take lots of pics, and say "hi" to all of our favorite characters!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Have a fantastic trip, Toni! Take lots of pics, and say "hi" to all of our favorite characters!
    you know I will take tons of pictures! That's a given. And I can take and send 21 second vids from my phone so we'll try to update that way as well!

Less than twenty four hours to go!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast