Virtual Program and Preview Free Dance, Sunday, Oct 31, 12:15 EST | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Virtual Program and Preview Free Dance, Sunday, Oct 31, 12:15 EST

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes--and my prediction in post one that P&I could jump into third is bidding well to come true. I would not have scored it that high, myself.

All 3 of the teams ahead of P&I are known to have rather weak FD's this year.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
well a canadian team DID choreography the FD... any nod to Kurt is a good one IMO

Yeah, but Browning could pull it off. Islam didn't. I saw it and said to my computer monitor "You're not Kurt Browning, take your hands out. It doesn't work and makes you look silly."

The thing is despite the effortlessness of their lifts, it reads as trying too hard. Their FD at juniors had issues definitely, but they looked like they could have their own identity. Three of four programs (OD last season, SD and FD here) are just too much like V/M. And as a V/M fanbot, no no no no no.

That score is high but probably fair. I just wanted it to be lower.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, really we don't know until the other teams are scored whether it was too high or not. They were certainly far superior to the previous teams.

beep_beep

Medalist
You can always count on the russians to bring on the bad costumes... :laugh:
Kristina, what are you wearing?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Also, I'm curious how much of this score is due to GOEs and base value. Outside the lifts, they don't deserve that high GOEs. And I'll agree that their PCS should be higher than the other teams that skated so far - they were definitely better.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You can always count on the russians to bring on the bad costumes... :laugh:
Kristina, what are you wearing?

meh I've seen some ridiculous costumes this weekend from non Russian skaters, too :laugh:

not sure this costuming works for the cha cha though?

i love to skate

Medalist
Alexandra has a ton of dance training and is a very balletic skater - should she not be allowed to utilize her strengths simply because Tessa Virtue has also taken ballet? :confused:

It was an absolutely gorgeous program, stunning lifts, beautiful carriage, and a nice relationship between the two of them. They need to look like Seniors this year and took on a mature program. Give them a chance to develop people - jeez.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Portions of G/B's program are a mess. It will be interesting to see how it develops over the season.

They should be well behind P/I.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kristina Gorshkova and Vitali Butikov RUS (ISU Ranked 17th)
Coach: Elena Tchaikovskaia, Ksenia Rumiantseva
Choreographer: Elena Tchaikovskaia
FD Cha Cha by Santa Esmeralda; Manana de Carneval by Luis Miguel
Third at Finlandia in the free dance with a score of 75.85. Although well skated, this dance was a program that would have been embarassing in 1980 for being too old fashioned. It is further hampered by really bad music, and the fact that the cha cha does not translate particularly well to the ice. Also their costumes were quite bizarre.
Short Dance Results
5 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV RUS 51.56 27.87 23.69 6.07 5.71 5.96 5.96 5.89 0.00 #6

Some of the ugliest costumes so far this year.
She is pooping a fabric tailout of the butt ot
on the skirt
their are gratuitous animal skin prints and
random eyes and lots of gold stuff.
strange oversize ruffle down one of his arms

One 2 chacha cha
twizzles good speed down the ice & 3 sets
this is better than at Nebelhorn

rotational lift
pair lunge
cha cha pose into spin
she lies back with an arm out
haircutter
then reverse
little chacha toe steps
How Sladky & Sladky this is for the
now slow rhumba stuff
Besame mucho
lift under his legs in a spread eagle
the f/w here is a bit weak
and running steps with no edges
pretty standard curve lift down low
another music change
they are not skating that close
lift
cha cha again
and they end in a roll out wrap lift
probably will score below P/I.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Alexandra has a ton of dance training and is a very balletic skater - should she not be allowed to utilize her strengths simply because Tessa Virtue has also taken ballet? :confused:

It was an absolutely gorgeous program, stunning lifts, beautiful carriage, and a nice relationship between the two of them. They need to look like Seniors this year and took on a mature program. Give them a chance to develop people - jeez.

No. She shouldn't be allowed to look like Tessa Virtue. Glad we have that settled.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Arnold/Trojek: way more expressive than the first team, great chemistry between them; they are only a team for the second season, and without previous high profile partnerships and buzz. Also some really good technical stuff. maybe it was a little slow, but otherwise a really, really solid debut. Marks a little low?

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Germans: that was a hot mess; maybe she is nervous, and that has caused her upper body to be so stiff? they did not look like a team, and definitely didn't interpret the music.