Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Short Program

Custom Title
    I/M = 60.72 Deserved, ahead of B/L at NHK.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Kemp/King (GBR)

Music: "Clocks - Tribute to Coldplay"

3Tw - very low, maybe UR
    2F - ok
    Ina Bauer into 3LoTh - wrap leg, but otherwise ok
    death spiral
    SlSt
    he almost stumble on entrance to FCCoSp - very far apart, not sync
    Spread eagles into lasso lift

Score: 43.50, 7th place

what a crazy death spiral haha

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Dong/Wu (CHN)

Music: "Red Violin (based on Aranjuez con tu amor) by Joaquin Rodrigo"

3T - she has stepout
    2Tw
    3LoTh - nice
    death spiral - she is in split catchfoot position
    SlSt - she has a small wobble
    lasso lift
    FCCoSp - not sync

Score: 43.53, 7th

Custom Title
    Watched this on CBC online. Looks like the Russians will win, but really, 2nd through 5th could finish in any order tomorrow. Will be exciting to watch.

Medalist
    Well done I/M! Just don't fall apart in the free skate! I hope they make it to Worlds this season.

Custom Title
    I am very happy for I/M! I used to not like them but they improved their consistency a lot since last year. Great job so far!

Custom Title
    I hope Marissa & Simon skate just as well in the LP! I think the Russians have this in the bag.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I have to rush and walk my dogs ,etc. before the men , but i had to come and declare my love for I/M...and I loved her interview almost as much as their skate.

Custom Title
    Colleen o'neill, could you please tell us what she said?:D I find them absolutely adorable

Tripping on the Podium
    I agree with Colleen about the interview! Mirunna, for me it wasn't so much what she said, but how she said it. You could see her struggling to find the right words in English to express her thoughts, but she wasn't about to give up! Even after she had gotten a complete answer out and the interviewer was cutting away, she blurted out "it's my lovely program" just to make sure her point had been fully expressed. She struck me as feisty, brave, and centred-- a true pairs lady!

Custom Title
    Thank you! She is a lovely skater and I wish them all the best tomorrow. I always had a soft spot for them, even after nationals, when they failed to make the olympic team. Today they skated with contagious joy! I had a huge, stupid smile on my face during their performance

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I'll try to catch the interview again on the CBC repeat, but when asked how they felt going into the freeskate I think she said "Tomorrow we will make like we want."...which I think is a perfect attitude When they first took the ice, they looked like they were buried in their costumes..then it was just gangbusters through to the end with a really zowie lift..they look about 4ft. high with a 20ft. tall presence. I found lots to appreciate in many couples, which I haven't fully sorted out in my brain yet..but these two have just won me , however the freeskate plays out.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Universal Sports has put up some youtube videos. Both of these performances were really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9qiX...eature=channel
    Ilushkina and Maisuradze RUS into first in the SP
    60.72, a well deserved score!! Great elements, skated with great polish and spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKXxT...eature=channel
    Castelli and Shnapir USA into second in the SP
    56.34, and their side by side 3S and throw 3S were absolutely fabulous, plus they did a clean 3twist! How can this be an American pair (But I miss their crazy style from Juniors. They've been trying to get their senior tricks learned, and it looks like they've come a long, long way since US Nationals this last year! I guess they can go for the style points later ) You wouldn't know that Simon has been suffering from back problems this month.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-29-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Does anyone think the young Russian girl looks kind of sickly? Underweight? Her hands are so huge compared to her body (I only noticed this on the cbc interview, but thought she looked sickly beforehand).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast