Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Men - Short Program

I think Tony Wheeler sums up my feelings best (except while I appreciate what he does on the ice, likemuseksk8r I can't get over the attitude/ego) - http://www.flutzingaround.com/2010/1...ut-really.html

Thanks for the link Toni - Wheeler seems closer than what we saw from the judges last night.

Custom Title
    Maybe karma will visit Chan more often on the ice. Does he have a lot of fans. I really like his skating but I couldn't really root for someone like him.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Why is Oda ahead of Reynolds???????????? I think Reynolds should be first.

Custom Title
    I have only watched the performances of Oda, Chan and Rippon so far. Even with falls Chan´s performance was the one that I most enjoyed watching. His moving on the ice is sooo fantastic!!! Looking forward to see the programme skated faultlessly later.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Maybe karma will visit Chan more often on the ice. Does he have a lot of fans. I really like his skating but I couldn't really root for someone like him.
    Be nice, or maybe karma will visit you more often on the road. It is not something nice to say to others, is it?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    As mentioned in my previous post, when I watched [Chan's] 3-fall program live, all I could think of was "WOW". What a good performance!!! I think he is heading toward the right direction and I see the improvement.
    LOL...wut?

Custom Title
    So serious. I guess I should make sure I put a laughing icon next to everything.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    LOL...wut?
    Didn't he attack the program with more speed than his performance in Liberty? And with more crispness in his movement? His upper body movement has improved significantly, his poker face is replaced with a fake smile (a working progress, isn't it?) And the flows and deep edges, WOW!!!! His skating skill was already excellent, it is getting even better. It wasn't so bad an attempt for his quad. He rotated and received credit for it. And he rotated 3axel and almost had it if he could hold on the landing. I see improvements, that's all I have to say.

And his splats showed impressive ice coverage.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Didn't he attack the program with more speed than his performance in Liberty? .
    And didn't a lot of the audience at Liberty think he was wildly over-scored there too, despite landing his quad very nicely (but splatting his 3A) in the SP? His SP win was very controversial and was attributed to him being the highest ranked skater there, not to his skills. When World Champion Mao Asada had a messy program at NHK, she was dumped down in the scoring.

And that's what should have happened to Patrick.

I've seen him skate live several times at Liberty. He's less interesting to watch than Adam Rippon. Chan makes me think, "Sort of nice edges, ho hum, I guess you had the best MITF test score ever honey, but you make me want to stab my eyes out with a pencil I'm so bored. And your trademark splats are dreadful."

And for charisma and reaching out to the audience, the biggest audience response did not go to eikther Chan or Rippon. It went to Ryan Bradley.

The performance mark is just not used correctly at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    And his splats showed impressive ice coverage.
    I don't agree with the score either, but it is not an "overscore". It is a flaw inherited in the most recent scoring system, which encourages the attempt of high risk items and reduces the penalty for falls. He wouldn't have been so lucky if he was judged under the last year's system, and he probably wouldn't have attempted the quad in the short if the rules remained unchanged. People hate him because he knew how to adapt to the newest rules. I am happy he was outrageously scored, so rules would be revisited sooner than later. It is not a blatant injustice nor the end of the world. It is part of revolution--I am talking about the judging system--finding imperfect areas, making amendment, not working, making amendment again......

Oh, yes. He does have impressive ice coverage and it is no joke.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That's my boy!
    But you didn't.
    But you didn't.
    I think you were misquoted here, Pat. I think what you actually said was, "I have a lot of hard work before me. My goal this season is to deliver clean programs."

That way you can cheer yourself up, and you don't have to depend on being cheered up by the judges.
    I didnt think you could be so snarky mathman!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    And for charisma and reaching out to the audience, the biggest audience response did not go to eikther Chan or Rippon. It went to Ryan Bradley.
    That's because Bradley plays to the crowd, and is the boy next door in looks, and sexy and and and and

Speaking of Bradley he said something on Twitter that got people excited earlier. Asking if one could make a comeback before being gone for a year... could he be thinking of trying nationals?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I found these to be very insightful posts - thanks!
    Thanks! Except I messed up one very important factor: the automatic -3 deduction for the three falls is not reflected on the TES nor PCS, but on the overall score. I calculated as if TES reflected the deduction. I had fun doing that stuff though

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast