Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pairs - Free program

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

Protocols are up.

M-T/M got some huge GOES on their lifts. All 3 were Level 4.

And I/M had an element that didn't count.

Custom Title
    I/M were ridiculously held down in PCS. It should be investigated for corruption.

mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    I/M wins by less than a point. Thoughts on scoring?
    If I was Oda, Rippon or Kerrs, I would be very worried. And Since Phaneuf won the short, they are probably engraving her name on the gold medal

Yes the pair competition was full of corruption !:|I/M PC should be higher than M-T/M's!And they just called the chsp Null because they want the Canadians to win! Shame on them!:P

Custom Title
    I can understand M-T/M winning the technical score.

But the PCS? Clearly Skate Canada must be providing the judges with some hard drugs, because there is no way that Moore-Towers/Moscovitch deserve 8s, like some judges gave them. I mean, they weren't even clean and had NO choreography.

Really, no one props up their own skaters like Skate Canada does every single year.

Finally! It's been about 8 years since I had a Russian pair that I could be completely on board with! Not since Elena and Anton have I loved watching one of their pairs!!!!!!!! I'm a fangirl!

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie Fan View Post
    If I was Oda, Rippon or Kerrs, I would be very worried. And Since Phaneuf won the short, they are probably engraving her name on the gold medal
    I'd worry and b**** about the scoring when the time comes. Let's not jump to conclusions.

I/M's spiral didn't count; does anyone know why? I'm so glad for them though, hopefully their consistency and Russian fabulousness is here to stay! Lubov is just too adorable but I can see her becoming a Russian HBIC as well.

PCS aside, M-T/M had really MONSTER TES. Must have been a really good skate so kudos to them!

Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    I/M's spiral didn't count; does anyone know why?
    He dropped his foot in the beginning of the spiral.

Custom Title
    Congrats to the two Canadian teams and the Russians! I hate to disagree with everyone here, but while I absolutely love the Russians and agree that they should have won, they have almost no connection between them, which definately hurts their PCS. They're a great team, but they need to have a bit more of a spark if they want to raise that second mark.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    I/M's spiral didn't count; does anyone know why? I'm so glad for them though, hopefully their consistency and Russian fabulousness is here to stay! Lubov is just too adorable but I can see her becoming a Russian HBIC as well.
    My guess is that he let go of the blade in the catchfoot position

PCS aside, M-T/M had really MONSTER TES. Must have been a really good skate so kudos to them!
    Except - not really. They had a fall in the SBS jumps. They're very rough around the edges, not a great connection and had NO choreography. Their posture, flow and skating skills were leagues below I/M. Which makes the PCS so hard to understand. Nothing was particularly outstanding, but the crowd got really behind them.
    Last edited by oleada; 10-30-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Medalist
    Very happy for I/M. Lubov has had such problems with consistency in the past. It'll be very hard to win a spot to Worlds but this should give them confidence going into Russian nationals.
    I don't think I've ever seen Lubov skate relatively clean in both programs before. It's good to see her finally become more confident with those jumps.
    Last edited by smia; 10-30-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie Fan View Post
    You are getting completely...ridicoulous. Did you think a lot before you wrote that up ?

On the Ice
    There is always an advantage when you skate in you own country...for everyone, not just Canadians. If you truly think that the judging is corrupt, you might as well stop watching figure skating. Besides, the Russians won. If we wanted to fix the scores, you'd think that they'd do the math and have the Canadians pull off an upset.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by smia View Post
    Very happy for I/M. Lubov has had such problems with consistency in the past. It'll be very hard to win a spot to Worlds but this should give them confidence going into Russian nationals.
    I don't know about that. David Pellettier said they could be better than K/S

On the Ice
    All the scores here seemed high especially compared to how the judges scored NHK. I just don't see how M-T/M scores could be so close to Pang/Tong from NHK. Or how the scores from the 2nd and 3rd place teams could be so high compared to teams competing at NHK. Shouldn't the complex point system make it easier for scores to be somewhat consistent from event to event?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast