Men - Free program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Men - Free program

missysays

On the Ice
What really gets me is if Patrick was any other nationality, the Skate Canada leadership and media would probably be all over the place denouncing the injustice of the situation.

:p

evangeline

Record Breaker
Hmmmm, from a brief perusal of the LP protocols it looks like Patrick was scored quite generously, GOE-wise.

I can't believe he got positive GOEs on those scratchy jumps (3F, 3Lz, etc).

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The good news is Worlds will be in Japan. Chan will be brought down to earth with a giant thud there I predict. And boy will he deserve it.

oleada

Record Breaker
And chan's fall in the footwork is only worth a -1 GOE from some judges.

What's so friggin special about his scratchy-*** jumps that they don't deserve -GOE? They would if it were any other skater in this competition.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Elena and Anton didn't deserve their Olympic gold in 2002 due to the smallest of a mistake, so a protest is filed to force a Canadian pair to win a shared gold medal. A home land guy falls 4 times and has many sloppy landings and beats out a Japanese man who only fell once, and all is fine and dandy. All justice is lost. This game is UGGGHHHHHLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Wow...this event really annoyed me. I expected them to hold Patrick up quite a bit but winning the FS by over TEN points when he had one jump with a solid landing?!

Why are Canadian events always like this...? It's really awful for the sport :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
I start to believe Chan has really a problem in behavior, sore loser Plush and all, he never said on KnC "Judges really wanted to give me this score", I cant believe Chan said that without any sign of trying to be funny. IS it even allowed to say such stupidity while competition is running???He is 19, not 9!
And WHY Oda did a 4-3-3 in warm Up and not a sign of it in the Long?
Better scores than Takahashi with quad and non -GOE for the saved landings.
I m not even bothered to be pissed off!
By the way Radio Canada commentary was awful, they were mocking skaters and coaches, bring Scott Hamilton back.

Last edited: