Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Men - Free program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    And chan's fall in the footwork is only worth a -1 GOE from some judges.
    I was just about to comment on that!
    I mean it TOTALLY disrupted the flow...a fall is a fall no matter who you are, and should be marked as a fall

I think that the only one who can face Chan' PCS is Takahashi right now!...

On the Ice
    Last I checked Patrick wasn't giving himself those marks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yelyoh View Post
    I am so pissed. We have some judges who post here from time to time. I wish they could explain this.
    In this crowd here? Haha, you must be kidding!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    CBC commentators played along.
    One of the universal sports commentators said something about "a Canadian skating in Canada", but rather than that they didn't sound surprised or outraged at all...

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Wow...this event really annoyed me. I expected them to hold Patrick up quite a bit but winning the FS by over TEN points when he had one jump with a solid landing?!

Why are Canadian events always like this...? It's really awful for the sport :P

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I start to believe Chan has really a problem in behavior, sore loser Plush and all, he never said on KnC "Judges really wanted to give me this score", I cant believe Chan said that without any sign of trying to be funny. IS it even allowed to say such stupidity while competition is running???He is 19, not 9!
    And WHY Oda did a 4-3-3 in warm Up and not a sign of it in the Long?
    Better scores than Takahashi with quad and non -GOE for the saved landings.
    I m not even bothered to be pissed off!
    By the way Radio Canada commentary was awful, they were mocking skaters and coaches, bring Scott Hamilton back.
    Last edited by seniorita; 10-30-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Or...even if he doesn't.
    I meant at a big competition. It is already established that he can win ugly at GP level...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by happy hollow View Post
    Last I checked Patrick wasn't giving himself those marks.
    We're not accusing him, more the judges who give him a free pass on bad landings and FALLS, of all things... -1 only for a fall in a step sequence?

Can't wait for the medal ceremony.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    I used to be a fan of Chan. His overscoring has ruined it for me. I want skaters to be judged fairly, even the ones I like to watch.
    Well, let's be fair. If Patrick was overscored, he himself had nothing to do with that.

Custom Title
    Actually the judges were quite generous with the GOE for ODA's
    quad. As well there were very generous with some of the scoring for Rippon's jumps. They were generous overall.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yes, Elena and Anton didn't deserve their Olympic gold in 2002 due to the smallest of a mistake, so a protest is filed to force a Canadian pair to win a shared gold medal. A home land guy falls 4 times and has many sloppy landings and beats out a Japanese man who only fell once, and all is fine and dandy. All justice is lost. This game is UGGGHHHHHLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    IMO Elena and Anton are THE only gold medal winners in pairs that Olympics and this coming from someone who really enjoyed the Canadian's skate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Well, let's be fair. If Patrick was overscored, he himself had nothing to do with that.
    The problem is when you are the most overscored skater in the history of figure skater as Patrick Chan is you at the very least are not entitled to ever complain about other skaters scores. And he has done that. So he deserves all the backlash and negativity he gets, every bit of it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    Even though the judges are an international panel, I think Skate Canada must administer hypnosis or send out mafia style threats upon the judges' entry into Canada that last for the duration of the competition. I mean how else can you explain this?!!!

I think GS ought to do something about all this nastiness.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast