Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Men - Free program

Custom Title
    What is sad is that because Chan is given gifts every time he skates, it does effect the way I feel about him as a skater. I like to see fair judging. Why doesn't Mao get the huge benefit that Chan recieves? Because Mao doesn't, I actually cheer for her all the more, where as, I hope Chan gets beat because I know it takes alot to beat him.

Custom Title
    In response to
    "We're not accusing him, more the judges who give him a free pass on bad landings and FALLS, of all things... -1 only for a fall in a step sequence? "

Acutally he was probably at a +2 up to that point so a -1 is probably fair.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post

I think GS ought to do something about all this nastiness.
    You mean the rampant Canada bashing?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Well, let's be fair. If Patrick was overscored, he himself had nothing to do with that.
    try to see his interview after the end.

Fernandez was robbed with a beauty of quad, no falls neither in sp and lp and far more entertaining programs

On the Ice
    im a patrick fan but i really thought Nobunari Oda deserved the win....low moment for our sport....Patrick was shaky throughout his program and shouldn't have won the technical mark....arggg!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    [QUOTE=lavender;524398]IMO Elena and Anton are THE only gold medal winners in pairs that Olympics[/QOUTE]

I totally agree! They are among the best pairs skaters ever!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post

I think GS ought to do something about all this nastiness.
    You should see all the comments about the malevolence of "score-buying Korean sponsors" and the "cheating Japanese Skating Federation"

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    By the way Radio Canada commentary was awful, they were mocking skaters and coaches, bring Scott Hamilton back.
    I know you meant this tongue in cheek, but it'd be hard for RC to bring him back when he's not French Canadian (or Canadian at all)

On the broadcast, Gannon and Weiss said that Chan told the audience that this competition is the best moment of his life. I would be embarrassed to accept the gold medal with such disgraceful performances if I were in his skates. I would honestly give Oda the gold out of shame for how poorly I did.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    In response to
    "We're not accusing him, more the judges who give him a free pass on bad landings and FALLS, of all things... -1 only for a fall in a step sequence? "

well...if he was at a +2 it would questionalble too...fot that step seq? he was quite slow and nothing special IMO...even takahashi didn't get +2 if I'm not wrong...so the -1 is riddiculus as everything else...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    In response to

A fall garners automatic -3 GOE, check the communication no. 1611 http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Custom Title
    OMG....this is so wrong. What a turn-off to the sport for figure skating fans. Both Adam & Nobu were probably so intimated after Chan's scores that probably ended up making mistakes they normally wouldn't have made. (Noticed that Adam's skating looked a bit off--much slower than usual and jumps not there.) I felt so sorry that Adam had to skate after Chan.

Custom Title
    Another win for the anointed one! Let the Chan Era begin!!!111!!!1111 I can't wait until he retires so I can enjoy Men's skating again.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    OMG....this is so wrong. What a turn-off to the sport for figure skating fans. Both Adam & Nobu were probably so intimated after Chan's scores that probably ended up making mistakes they normally wouldn't have made. (Noticed that Adam's skating looked a bit off--much slower than usual and jumps not there.) I felt so sorry that Adam had to skate after Chan.
    I think this same thing happened to Jeremy Abbott at the Olympics in the SP skating right after Evan Lysacek's outrageous score.

Custom Title
    Okay, I'm defensive about Chan as a rule. Some of the comments thrown at him during the run-up to the Olympics were extremely nasty. And yeah, this bashing of Skate Canada/Canada in general really sets me on edge (particularly reference to the SLC Olympics. My understanding was that the confrontation with the French judge and her subsequent admission that she was pressured to vote the way she did is what triggered the filing of the protest. This fact seems to elude everyone who agrees with the result). And I love watching him even when he is flawed.

But, even examining the protocols, I'm not convinced he deserved the TES he got. I was already unconvinced about the PCS. My earlier comment was that the short program was more outrageous score wise, but I may be wrong there (the judges were forced to mark him correctly on two elements: the quad and the triple axel).

I skipped the interview at the end, seniorita. I want to remain a fan of Chan.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast