Men - Free program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men - Free program

Tigger

Final Flight
Going on a limb here because there seems to be so much Morozov hate on this board, and I hate to be repetitive, but did you see that step sequence? Absolutely genius.

And no, it wasn't just "posing". It was taking a theme in the music (i.e. Jack Sparrow's constant inebriation) and turning into a real choreographic element, incorporating very technically demanding upper-body movement throughout, giving the impression that he could fall over any moment, all the while making it seem like it's just silly choreography to the untrained eye..

No one has denied that step sequence was great, in character and entertaining. The problem is, there's just too much two foot skating in it. Also, the program was so front loaded w/choreography that when we got to the last half, it was a bit empty.

Javi can do better than that, which is why we're wishing he'd leave Morozov. Simple as that. :)

evangeline

Record Breaker
Patrick lands his second 3A, but he's really saving the landing on some of these jumps in the second half of the program....

evangeline

Record Breaker
Well, Patrick managed to stay upright for the majority of his program.

I wonder what kind of score he's going to get.

Probably podium for sure though, he's not that far out of the top 3 after the SP.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Chan should be proud of that skate. He struggled with some elements, but the fight to save the jumps (the lutz, the second 3A). He might not deserve the medal he'll get, but that was a skate to build on. I think the choreography improved from last season as well. He should be hammered on GOES though (I hope).

lavender

Record Breaker
Well Chan's quad was great and smooth but everything else seems to be a struggle but he'll break the record.:rolleye:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patrick
4toe - well done!
3Axel - big fall! (did he rotate it?)
3Lutz - squeaked out; should not get +GOE
3Axel+2toe
3Lutz+1/2loop+1Salchow
3flip - barely held on; should get -GOE
3loop+3toe - eeked out; should get -GOE