Ladies - Free Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program

missysays

On the Ice
Gulp! That look on Alissa's face right before the national anthem plays...

Just communicates everything she's feeling about winning a GP again.

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Congratulation to Alissa. She won the SC in 2005, and now again after five years! She said in interview, because of lots of works, she can have a beautiful spin! Yeah, No pains, No gains.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tonight proved one thing: the judges are willing to reward Czisny if she does well. I refuse to get excited, though, just because we've been down this path before. She comes out, guns blazing, seems great, this might be her year, etc...and then Nationals happens, and clunk. Or in the case of 2007 and 2009, decent Nationals, but go BOOM at worlds.

ETA: Toni, exactly.

janetfan

Match Penalty
How nice the first two GP events were won by Ladies many here said should retire. Ha!
Way to go Alissa. :party:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Alyssa's SC win means that all she has to do to stay in the running for the Final is to place top 4 at TEB. Looking at the field, apart from Asada and Nagasu, if she stands up that shouldn't be too hard.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tonight proved one thing: the judges are willing to reward Czisny if she does well. I refuse to get excited, though, just because we've been down this path before. She comes out, guns blazing, seems great, this might be her year, etc...and then Nationals happens, and clunk. Or in the case of 2007 and 2009, decent Nationals, but go BOOM at worlds.

ETA: Toni, exactly.

worlds results not withstanding, I'm glad she's still out there skating. even with falls she's one of the most lovely out there!

R.D.

Record Breaker
worlds results not withstanding, I'm glad she's still out there skating. even with falls she's one of the most lovely out there!

For years I never really understood why some people were all wrapped up about her (all I saw was a bundle of nerves) but I have to say I enjoyed this FS. There's a nice quality to it and I think she does a good job of performing the theme.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alyssa's SC win means that all she has to do to stay in the running for the Final is to place top 4 at TEB. Looking at the field, apart from Asada and Nagasu, if she stands up that shouldn't be too hard.

If Asada continues the way she's been (5th Japan Open/8th NHK Trophy), Czisny is capable of beating her too.

janetfan

Match Penalty
For years I never really understood why some people were all wrapped up about her (all I saw was a bundle of nerves) but I have to say I enjoyed this FS. There's a nice quality to it and I think she does a good job of performing the theme.

So the streak has been broken and a USA Lady finaly has won Gold at an ISU event.
I never would have picked Alissa to be the one to do it but somehow it seems fitting and I am happy for her.
Not sure if I am ready for the "sunny side of the street" but Alissa's smile sure is tempting. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
So the streak has been broken and a USA Lady finaly has won Gold at an ISU event.
I never would have picked Alissa to be the one to do it but somehow it seems fitting and I am happy for her.
Not sure if I am ready for the "sunny side of the street" but Alissa's smile sure is tempting. :)

First time since Meissner in 2007, right? Wow, that's a long time. But Czisny was the last skater I would have picked to be the one to end the drought.

jan

On the Ice
I believe there is a fundamental change in Alyssa's jumping technigue. She appears to getting a lot more lift on her lutz. Her first toe was huge. There was no doubt as to whether the jumps were clean or not.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I believe there is a fundamental change in Alyssa's jumping technigue. She appears to getting a lot more lift on her lutz. Her first toe was huge. There was no doubt as to whether the jumps were clean or not.

one wonders whether that will make a difference, whether it will improve her consistency. In any case it seemed to make a big difference in points...116 I think is the highest she's ever gotten in any international event...and that's WITH A FALL...I think it's even more than what she got at Nats in 2009.

But I think more than anything it's nerves...Nats will be the big test for her.

Last edited:

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Way to go Alissa! I never gave up on you! You are a beautiful skater. Good luck at TEB and kick some derriere! I'm so happy for you.

ks777

Record Breaker
Alissa seems to have gotten much faster on the ice with so much more transitions between crossovers.

R.D.

Record Breaker
And not a bad debut by Agnes Z. Not the best freeskate but then again, some slack can be cut given it was the debut. However, that said- I still don't see what's so great about her- she does seem to have large jumps though, but that's about all I could see.

Gilles, well, can't get much worse than that. To finish last in a field as underwhelming as that...wow. Again, though, better to bomb now than later.

lavender

Record Breaker
Great for Alissa. So happy for her. Alissa is a just appreciate the moment. Can't get your hopes up but you always wish the best for.

Look how great Alissa looks without boot covers.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Great for Alissa. So happy for her. Alissa is a just appreciate the moment. Can't get your hopes up ...

Yeah, unfortunately not...and especially not for Alyssa!

Still, anything like this is encouraging for our ladies.

janetfan

Match Penalty
And not a bad debut by Agnes Z. Not the best freeskate but then again, some slack can be cut given it was the debut. However, that said- I still don't see what's so great about her- she does seem to have large jumps though, but that's about all I could see.

At the moment Agnes will have to live and die with her jumps. The first thing I would say is that it's surprising she is supposedly training a 3A and had a shaky 2A in her SP and fell on it in her LP.

But she has some presence on the ice, has a decent line and flexibilty and her spins are OK. She is slow, but looks pretty athletic and her speed may get better.

Like Christina she is a late bloomer and her senior debut went as well as most of our more seasoned Ladies have done the past few seasons.
It might have been nerves tonight and hopefully her next event will show progress.

Tonight was Alissa's night and as a longtime fan of her skating I am really happy for her.
Despite some of the anti-Canada grumbling going on I am sure Alissa feels much differently about our great neighbor to the North. :)

Makes me wonder if we should have sent Alissa to Vanouver last February ;)

Last edited: