Who got 3rd BTW?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Who got 3rd BTW?
    Amelie Lacoste from Canada.

Custom Title
    LaCoste.

Custom Title
    Phaneuf had the second lowest TES scores, and the second highest PCS. So sad for her. Happy for the three medalists though!

So happy for Alissa, what an elegant skater! And good for Ksenia too.

Congrats to Alissa, Ksenia and Amelie.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Amelie Lacoste from Canada.
    oh? Is that her first ever GP medal? Good for her.

Happy for Alyssa though- it wasn't perfect, but it can be argued, you don't want it to be at this point. Should be looking to peak at Nats, and hopefully go to worlds again AND NOT TANK.

Custom Title
    Czisny's final spin got one GOE 2 - the rest threes. She also URed her 3T, got hammered cause it should've been in combination/sequence, and then lost points for the fall. She lost 4.45 points for that (3.45 + 1 for the fall). She's capable of pushing this into the 120s.

Custom Title
    Oh, man, Alissa! How beautiful. Thanks for posting the YouTube link. Glorious spiral position. Do her spins actually gain speed as they go on? Treee-mendous. And she connects with the music so beautifully. Though I'm not enamored of this particular music--a bit too tinkly--she brings out the best in it.

I'm sorry to hear that Cynthia imploded, but I'm so thrilled for Alissa. Yuka is the perfect coach for her for all sorts of reasons, but one that comes to mind right now is that Yuka understands musical interpretation, and she can make the best use of that strength of Alissa's. I hope she continues to grow and progress through the season. She'll never have jumps like YuNa's, but if she can hold to her best jumps, the other elements she brings to skating are extraordinary.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Czisny's final spin got one GOE 2 - the rest threes. She also URed her 3T, got hammered cause it should've been in combination/sequence, and then lost points for the fall. She lost 4.45 points for that (3.45 + 1 for the fall). She's capable of pushing this into the 120s.
    Rightfully so, I may add. That was a very, very solid, polished performance

OMG!!

Thank you Alissa for the lovely Birthday Present!!

She has been a favourite of mine for years and to see her skate like that...I honestly was wondering if we'd ever see her skate like that again. So, so, so, so thrilled for her and I will be more than happy to sing along w/The Star Spangled Banner in a few minutes.

Sigh...I just wish the hotel/B&B rates weren't so high for Kingston, otherwise I'd be in that arena right now. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    If it happens, I want credit for willing it so!!!!! I've decided to become a fan of her this season for the express purporse of encouraging that.
    You got it! I first saw Alyssa when she and her sister were about 8 years old, still skating in Ohio. Even then, you could tell there was something special about her. I'm hoping this latest coaching change will be the fairy godmother waving the Wand of Consistency.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, man, Alissa! How beautiful. Thanks for posting the YouTube link. Glorious spiral position. Do her spins actually gain speed as they go on? Treee-mendous. And she connects with the music so beautifully. Though I'm not enamored of this particular music--a bit too tinkly--she brings out the best in it.

They seem to, don't they. It was noteworthy because Marakova did the same spin right after her a noticeably slowed into the Biellman

burntBREAD, I agree Czisny deserved the all threes. I was just mentioning it cause it's awesome.

Custom Title
    congrats to all the medalists. Czisny's sp and lp are spell binding. It is so nice to see her skate well and with confidence. Mathman must be delighted too!

Custom Title
    Very happy for Lacoste. If anything, I hope this competition opens up people's eyes to the fact that Lacoste is a far better overall skater than Phaneuf. Better lines, less jerky/awkward in her movements, better fluidity, and skating skills far above that of Phaneuf's. I'm looking for her to carry Canadian women's skating in Rochette's absence.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast