Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - Free Program

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Maybe Alyssa's Wylie season has begun!
    Skate Canada is almost always a great competition for Alissa, don't get your (or her) hopes up just yet!

Custom Title
    Gulp! That look on Alissa's face right before the national anthem plays...

Just communicates everything she's feeling about winning a GP again.

Tripping on the Podium
    Congratulation to Alissa. She won the SC in 2005, and now again after five years! She said in interview, because of lots of works, she can have a beautiful spin! Yeah, No pains, No gains.

Down With It
    Tonight proved one thing: the judges are willing to reward Czisny if she does well. I refuse to get excited, though, just because we've been down this path before. She comes out, guns blazing, seems great, this might be her year, etc...and then Nationals happens, and clunk. Or in the case of 2007 and 2009, decent Nationals, but go BOOM at worlds.

ETA: Toni, exactly.

How nice the first two GP events were won by Ladies many here said should retire. Ha!
    Way to go Alissa.

Down With It
    Alyssa's SC win means that all she has to do to stay in the running for the Final is to place top 4 at TEB. Looking at the field, apart from Asada and Nagasu, if she stands up that shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Tonight proved one thing: the judges are willing to reward Czisny if she does well. I refuse to get excited, though, just because we've been down this path before. She comes out, guns blazing, seems great, this might be her year, etc...and then Nationals happens, and clunk. Or in the case of 2007 and 2009, decent Nationals, but go BOOM at worlds.

ETA: Toni, exactly.
    worlds results not withstanding, I'm glad she's still out there skating. even with falls she's one of the most lovely out there!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    worlds results not withstanding, I'm glad she's still out there skating. even with falls she's one of the most lovely out there!
    For years I never really understood why some people were all wrapped up about her (all I saw was a bundle of nerves) but I have to say I enjoyed this FS. There's a nice quality to it and I think she does a good job of performing the theme.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Alyssa's SC win means that all she has to do to stay in the running for the Final is to place top 4 at TEB. Looking at the field, apart from Asada and Nagasu, if she stands up that shouldn't be too hard.
    If Asada continues the way she's been (5th Japan Open/8th NHK Trophy), Czisny is capable of beating her too.

For years I never really understood why some people were all wrapped up about her (all I saw was a bundle of nerves) but I have to say I enjoyed this FS. There's a nice quality to it and I think she does a good job of performing the theme.
    So the streak has been broken and a USA Lady finaly has won Gold at an ISU event.
    I never would have picked Alissa to be the one to do it but somehow it seems fitting and I am happy for her.
    Not sure if I am ready for the "sunny side of the street" but Alissa's smile sure is tempting.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    So the streak has been broken and a USA Lady finaly has won Gold at an ISU event.
    I never would have picked Alissa to be the one to do it but somehow it seems fitting and I am happy for her.
    Not sure if I am ready for the "sunny side of the street" but Alissa's smile sure is tempting.
    First time since Meissner in 2007, right? Wow, that's a long time. But Czisny was the last skater I would have picked to be the one to end the drought.

Custom Title
    I believe there is a fundamental change in Alyssa's jumping technigue. She appears to getting a lot more lift on her lutz. Her first toe was huge. There was no doubt as to whether the jumps were clean or not.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    I believe there is a fundamental change in Alyssa's jumping technigue. She appears to getting a lot more lift on her lutz. Her first toe was huge. There was no doubt as to whether the jumps were clean or not.
    one wonders whether that will make a difference, whether it will improve her consistency. In any case it seemed to make a big difference in points...116 I think is the highest she's ever gotten in any international event...and that's WITH A FALL...I think it's even more than what she got at Nats in 2009.

But I think more than anything it's nerves...Nats will be the big test for her.
    Last edited by R.D.; 10-30-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Way to go Alissa! I never gave up on you! You are a beautiful skater. Good luck at TEB and kick some derriere! I'm so happy for you.

Alissa seems to have gotten much faster on the ice with so much more transitions between crossovers.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast