Ladies - Free Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
hmmm I hear music but see Chan's face

My feed's switched to Haruka. Her technique kind of reminds me of Akiko Suzuki's with Yukari Nakano's carriage. The Canadian commentators seem really impressed with her speed/energy ("pas croyable"... incredible).

Ooooh replay showed a nice 2A-3T.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I've been wondering this all day, but it seems much more noticable tonight w/the Ladies, but...Is the ice sounding hard and brittle to anyone else? It just sounds so scratchy and hard.

Could be just me, but I am wondering.

I noticed with Marchei particularly.

What are you guys watching? I saw Imai's entire performance. Not particularly inspired, but I look forward to see where she goes in the next 2-3 years.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Haruka looks happy...but I missed most of her program due to my feed though.

From the replay, she looks like she has great speed and very secure jumps.

R.D.

Record Breaker
ah cool. I wasn't aware of that one. I thought there was only US and IN. I'm watching on IN.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've been wondering this all day, but it seems much more noticable tonight w/the Ladies, but...Is the ice sounding hard and brittle to anyone else? It just sounds so scratchy and hard.

Could be just me, but I am wondering.

I've noticed it, too. But I noticed it at NHK as well. I wonder if it's more to do with the skaters themselves and not the ice? Maybe they're not clean on their edges even more so now than in the past? I don't know?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Why does everyone seem to use exactly the same cuts for Scheherezade? The suite is so long, you'd think they'd find some other part of the music to use.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I've noticed it, too. But I noticed it at NHK as well. I wonder if it's more to do with the skaters themselves and not the ice? Maybe they're not clean on their edges even more so now than in the past? I don't know?

More likely an issue of mic-ing and/or sound-mixing.

ETA: Given that you hear it A LOT toward the edges of the rink, and not towards the center, I'm sticking to this view.

Last edited:

amateur

Final Flight
Amelie Lacoste - for going for such an old warhorse peace of music, that was a pretty good and reasonably engaging effort. She is skating with a bit of fire too, like Samson. It looks like recent successes of ROchette and Phaneuf are inspiring the second tier Canadian Ladies. This is the most I've enjoyed Lacoste. The music choice suits her