Ladies - Free Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Generally liking Makarova, she looks so much more mature than last year. Nice dress, too. Some mistakes but pretty good, but I think construction of this program could be better. It ends strangely and abruptly. Her picking technique on her toe jumps is a bit strange with the very bent knee. But I think she's leaving Leonova in the dust.

amateur

Final Flight
Ksenia Makarova - rather generic, but her skating is strong, explosive, and smooth & well-rounded for the most part. Lacks a sense of nuance and shading in interpreting the music, but she is very young; that's normal. Good job. I liked Alissa better.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
107 pts, into 2nd. That's about right. Now for Phaneuf. Crowd goes wild, of course.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Okay, she landed everything, but nothing was great. It'll be interesting to see if and by how much she beats Czisny, who is just a much more elegant and refined skater.

YES Czisny is in first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Cynthia's on the ice. Time for the pit in my stomach to tighten.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Czisny is guaranteed a silver medal at this point. Whether it will turn to gold depends on what Phaueuf does...

2-skaters

Rinkside
seriously = all skaters there is nude fabric to match your skin tone = please have your dressmaker use it

R.D.

Record Breaker
Another fall from Cynthia. Looking more and more like Alyssa will win this one...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ugh, Cynthia Hyde is here and she's leaving the door wide open for Alissa to win.