Thread: Predictions

Hybrid View

Predictions

I know Skate Canada's not even over, but I'm having a hard time waiting.

Men: 1) Joubert 2) Kozuka 3) Verner, Voronov or Machida

Ladies: 1) Nagasu 2) Ando 3) Dobbs or Suzuki

Pairs: 1) Pang and Tong 2) Evora and Ladwig 3) Iliuschechkina and Maizuradze, or Yankowskas and Coughlin

Dance: 1) Faiella and Scali 2) Pechalat and Bourzat 3) Hoffman and Zavozin, or Bobrova and Soloviev

Custom Title
    Ladies
    1. Akiko
    2. Ando
    3. Leonova

I really want Nagasu to win but I don't think she'll do so well because of the injury she had. Hehe... Don't worry that Skate Canada isn't over yet. I'm super excited for Cup of China too :D

Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Ladies
    1. Akiko
    2. Ando
    3. Leonova

I really want Nagasu to win but I don't think she'll do so well because of the injury she had. Hehe... Don't worry that Skate Canada isn't over yet. I'm super excited for Cup of China too :D
    Oh, yeah! I completely forgot about the injury! I'm not really sure how I think that'll affect her performance.

My dream podiums:

Ladies
    1. Miki
    2. Akiko
    3. Mirai

Men
    1. Brian
    2. Takahiko
    3. Tomás

Pairs
    1. Qing & Jian
    2. Amanda & Mark
    3. Lubov & Nodari

Ice Dance
    1. Federica & Massimo
    2. Nathalie & Fabian
    3. Ekaterina & Dmitri

Custom Title
    Men
    1 Joubert
    2 Machida
    3 Verner

The new rules on quads and footworks are favorable for Joubert. Kozuka falls under pressure of "clean" quads from the Japanese rivals.

Ladies
    1 Ando
    2 Suzuki
    3 Nagasu
    I'm not sure about Mirai's injury, but I'm sure that she can't handle the pressure of being the leader after the SP. Ando is fairly consistent with low risk Morozov programs, and she can expect #1 Japanese PCS after Asada's self destruction. Suzuki is always strong in Japan and Asia.

Pairs
    1 Pang Tong
    2 Sui Han

Custom Title
    Men
    1 Joubert
    2 Machida
    3 Verner

The new rules on quads and footworks are favorable for Joubert. Kozuka falls under the pressure of "clean" quads from the Japanese rivals.

Ladies
    1 Ando
    2 Suzuki
    3 Nagasu

I'm not sure about Mirai's injury, but I'm sure that she can't handle the pressure of being the leader after the SP. Ando is fairly consistent with low risk Morozov programs, and she can expect #1 Japanese PCS after Asada's self destruction. Suzuki is always strong in Japan and Asia.

Pairs
    1 Pang Tong
    2 Sui Han

Custom Title
    I'm hoping for 1) Nagasu 2) Ando 3) Suzuki 4)Leonova

Custom Title
    Men
    1. Brian Joubert
    2. Tomas Verner
    3. Takahiko Kozuka
    4. Samuel Contesti
    5. Sergei Voronov

Joubert benefits from the relaxed edge calls. He doesn't UR too much either. Verner's all over the place, of course, but he still gets the good GOEs when on and his PCS don't ever suffer too much. Kozuka will definitely be feeling the pressure to land a quad after his rivals in Japan did as well. Voronov is even more inconsistent, so I think Contesti can sneak in there for fourth.

Women
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Mirai Nagasu
    3. Akiko Suzuki
    4. Alena Leonova
    5. Amanda Dobbs

The top four are all to a certain extent are helped by the new rules, but no one moreso than Ando. Assuming Nagasu's injury is still hindering her a little be, I think we'll see Ando taking it. Suzuki will be right there to benefit if one of the top two falter, but she needs to keep her SP together to ensure a medal. Leonova.... with Makarova's success and the stable of young talent, you've gotta wonder if hte Russian Federation will push her with any fervor. I'm tossing Dobbs on because I think Kwak will suffer from the whole boondoggle earlier this year.

Pairs
    1. Pang/Tong
    2. Evora/Ladwig
    3. Sui/Han
    4. Yankowskas/Coughlin
    5. Iliushechkina/Maisuradze

I predict that too much travelling for the young Russian pair will hinder their performances (Russia to Canada; Canada to China. Hopefully not back to Russia this week, because thats insane). It'll be interesting to see if internal politics hurts Sui/Han (a few people were worried about this), but I think the desire to have them do well on the senior circuit quickly (essentially there's no "third" Chinese team now, regardless) will trump internal division. Evora/Ladwig will benefit from the stellar year they had last year - no one saw them coming and then they had two glorious championships and I think that will motivate them to even higher heights.

Dance
    1. Faiella/Scali
    2. Pechelat/Bourzat
    3. Bobrova/Soloviev
    4. Hoffman/Zavosin
    5. Anyone (Huang/Zheng)

Okay, dance is tricky. F/S benefit hugely from levels, as do Bobrova/Soloviev. Pechalat/Bourzat a little less so, and I don't think Zhulin's all that great in this regard either (remember, I/K had problems at NHK with this as well)., but their PCS will be good. Hoffman/Zavosin seem like the next placers, and really, it's anyone's game for the fifth. I think the top Chinese team will get it (Huang/Zheng)