Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Men's Prospects

It kinda sucks that there's no American guy, but at least they're the top three alternates - not that I hope any man gets injured. US Nationals is going to be interesting this year, with those guys so close, although when Abbott rises to the occasion, no one can touch him. Annnnd if Evan is back, things will be even more interesting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    ... Annnnd if Evan is back, things will be even more interesting.
    It's absolutely unwise for Evan to come back, especially after the rules change this year. The rules are not in his favor. I don't think he will, neither will Johnny. All those talks of coming back were just efforts of making people not to forget about them too soon. That's how I see it.

Yeah, I agree that it's disappointing that no American man in the GPF. Especially no Jeremy in the GPF. We get less time to see his beautiful SP and LP. But I'm happy that I could see Kozuka, Takahashi, Oda, and Chan. To me, at least, the memory of Chan's falls turned out to be short lived compared with the memory of his beautiful 4-3. I'm looking forward to seeing him skating again. And I like his this year's LP costume better. Against all odds, maybe, I like Chan's LP POTO music. The placement might be ridiculous. Who cares the placement? Hey, thinking positively, the rules might change again next year.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 11-30-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    So happy Florent made it! I wonder if the Japanese guys could sweep?

IMO, the Americans did not deserve a spot in the Finals. Abbott did not skate well, Rippon is just about as good as he will ever be, and Brandon and Miner are yet to belong with the Top Men. Just keeping an eye on Armin during Nats. He seems to skate cautiously like Kozuka. It may be good for medals in future.

Custom Title
    One of many things I like about Chan is that he doesn't hold back. He delivers his whole program from start to finish with gusto even with falls. There's nothing tentative about his skating, he skates with total abandon and such speed and edges. Eventually he will land those jumps, but it may not be a the GPF. I do hope he does a bit better in the jump department there though. I'm rooting for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2