Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

nefertiti..reincarnate

Practice Reports

If any, please post !!
    The first day official practice for ladies in some hours.

Custom Title
    Don't know if it was already posted but miki ando changed her short to music Grabiel's oboe and The Falls by Ennio Morricone! I love this music! I'm sure it'll be better than the old one!
    Carolina won't change her jump layout (let's see if she'll managed to do the 3toe 3toe in the short! hope so) and I'm 99% sure she won't show up today because she left Italy this morning (or afternoon...don't know..Italy's time however)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanja90 View Post
    Don't know if it was already posted but miki ando changed her short to music Grabiel's oboe and The Falls by Ennio Morricone! I love this music! I'm sure it'll be better than the old one!
    Carolina won't change her jump layout (let's see if she'll managed to do the 3toe 3toe in the short! hope so) and I'm 99% sure she won't show up today because she left Italy this morning (or afternoon...don't know..Italy's time however)

Gabriel's oboe (Nella Fantasia) is one of the most marvellous piece of music ever written,gives me always chills, however Miki to skate to it?
    She is the one of the most emotionless top skater I can ever remember!

Custom Title
    EXACTLY what silverlake22 predicted!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    EXACTLY what silverlake22 predicted!
    Yup! I'm interested to see Miki try and be lyrical and expressive in this new program, not saying it will happen, but it could.

Rinkside
    This is Youtube stuff(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZDQZ6MzEE
    Carolina used this at her SP in 2006 Olympics. Would be interesting to see her changes.
    Last edited by chansb; 12-08-2010 at 07:35 AM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Oh... I love that music. Hopefully the beauty of it will really inspire Miki skate soulfully. Good luck to her!

Any other reports on how the skaters are doing?

Custom Title
    Here is a short video about Japanese skaters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAAoJ4S07Q

It has some small pieces of their yesterday's practice. Kanako looks like she is in a good mood

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Here is a short video about Japanese skaters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSAAoJ4S07Q

It has some small pieces of their yesterday's practice. Kanako looks like she is in a good mood
    When is Kanako ever NOT in a good mood?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Oh... I love that music. Hopefully the beauty of it will really inspire Miki skate soulfully. Good luck to her!
    Well, I ADORE that music, gives me chills the same way as Nessun Dorma does. If Miki won't do justice to it's beauty and skate like to the phone book, I am going to be very mad!

Here is a video of a collision at practice between Dai and Taka. Thank goodness they both seem to be alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQG7akEQGJ4

Custom Title
    scary!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Here is a video of a collision at practice between Dai and Taka. Thank goodness they both seem to be alright.

Thank goodness that they're okay, but the way in which the collision happened was actually kind of funny. It's like Taka was in mid-air and just bonked Dai...the manner in which it occurred is straight out of a cartoon or something.

I learned early from watching pracice sessions that what you see is not what you get in competition - so I now sleep through them.

As to music, thanks to MM's viewpoint, a high score in the SP shows what 'artistry' there is in a skater. The LP is more of a battle for points with little artistry except for ballet-like arms of the Ladies, and wild uncontrollable arms for the Men. Winning is the game.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post

Oh, my God! Couldn't be scarier than this! Wish both of them good luck at the competition! I can't wait!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast